Welcome and Intruduce Yourself

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:32 AM

Nikki,  you will do just fine.  this is a great way for our newbies to learn about borders and we are always here to help  so just ask if you run into a problem .  Some one will have an answer . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:30 AM

Hi,

I am a mom and grand mom, I have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. I have been sewing since I was 10yo and just began quilting a little over 2 years ago. I am addicted. I am a school nurse at a high school and hope to retire in a couple of years. I would love to open a quilt shop then (dream). I am not sure if I made this RR, still waiting to hear. There are 2 debbies on the list (hope one is me). If there is enough on waiting list, Couldn't we add another group? Just saying :)

A quilter is a happy, healthy person!

Debbie Young, Rhome, TX

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:44 AM

Debbie :

Hi,

I am a mom and grand mom, I have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. I have been sewing since I was 10yo and just began quilting a little over 2 years ago. I am addicted. I am a school nurse at a high school and hope to retire in a couple of years. I would love to open a quilt shop then (dream). I am not sure if I made this RR, still waiting to hear. There are 2 debbies on the list (hope one is me). If there is enough on waiting list, Couldn't we add another group? Just saying :)

A quilter is a happy, healthy person!

Debbie Young, Rhome, TX

Hi Debbie - you are one of the Debbie's signed up (the other Debbie goes by DEAR which I indicated after her name). And we are firm on the 25 members to sign up the last RR was huge with 35 quilters and had some rough/stressful time for a few groups so this time try to keep it smaller. There is always a next RR!

Zsofia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:56 AM

Hi,

I'm Linda from Bedford, Ohio. It's a suburb SE of Cleveland, Ohio. I've been quilting for about 35 years now. I learned by watching Georgia Bonesteel, Nancy Zieman, and America Sews with Sue Houseman. I once took a night class at the local high school. There were more students than the instructor could handle so I ended up helping out. Got my class tuition refunded.

I belong to a large quilting guild in Phoenix, AZ called Reap What You Sew, who donates 2500+ quilts and angel wraps to various children's  charities and hospitals each year. Recently I started an Ohio chapter of Reap What You Sew. Our quilts so far have gone to area children's hospitals. I'm currently working on a 12 quilt project for a retreat center in Arizona and will be having a one woman quilt show on October 26 to raise money to ship the quilts. The gentleman that has started the retreat center (and is a friend) offered to come and give a concert that day as well. I'm really excited!!

All my quilts go to either my 7 grandchildren or charity. It is the job God gave me when I survived a terrible car accident some years ago that left me disabled. I praise God for His amazing grace and  everyday for the opportunities I've had since that day.

This is my 3rd round robin. I've cried when I received my quilts back. The girls did such beautiful work. I'm looking forward to this RR because I'm doing something different...a Quilt of Valor for one of the moms and grandmoms in my church. They are so excited because they miss Mark so much. The grandmom said it will give him a piece of home while he is gone.

My motto is a pattern is only a suggestion. So be creative but patriotic.

Hugs to each of you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

A little about me.

When my daughters were little I often made their Easter and Christmas dresses first day of school dresses.  They have long since out grown this stage, but I am not ready to think about wedding dresses.  My daughters are both in college.  Elizabeth is a senior at a school about 600 miles from home.  Summer is a sophomore.  Last year she commuted to a local community college but this year she transferred to a school about a 1000 miles from home.

So I have began quilting about 18 months ago. I have lots of squares put together and a few tops waiting for borders or quilting.  I am fortunate enough to have a long arm.  My mom is also a quilter so she sends me tops to be quilted for the homeless.  I am slowly making progress as a long armer.  However most of my projects seemed to be in various stages of completedness. (is that a word?)  I need to focus on finishing things.    

I joined this round robin so that I can connect with some other quilts and focus on my goals.  

Bethany Jane

Andover, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:17 PM

Bethany Jane:

A little about me.

When my daughters were little I often made their Easter and Christmas dresses first day of school dresses.  They have long since out grown this stage, but I am not ready to think about wedding dresses.  My daughters are both in college.  Elizabeth is a senior at a school about 600 miles from home.  Summer is a sophomore.  Last year she commuted to a local community college but this year she transferred to a school about a 1000 miles from home.

So I have began quilting about 18 months ago. I have lots of squares put together and a few tops waiting for borders or quilting.  I am fortunate enough to have a long arm.  My mom is also a quilter so she sends me tops to be quilted for the homeless.  I am slowly making progress as a long armer.  However most of my projects seemed to be in various stages of completedness. (is that a word?)  I need to focus on finishing things.    

I joined this round robin so that I can connect with some other quilts and focus on my goals.  

Bethany Jane

Andover, MA

Welcome to our little group, Bethany Jane. Round Robins will help you with that completeness problem I think. You will definitely focus and meet other quilters. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 (36 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use