rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 1:55 PM

Karla

I have finished Jacy's top and will mail out this weekend.  I will let you know when it goes in the mail.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 1:56 PM

Kathy

The clippers you sent me lay on top of my sewing machine.  I absolutely love them.   Again.thank you so much.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:59 AM

Thanks Nana, I'll be looking for it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 6:24 PM

Kathy, I'm running a couple of days behind. I have Linda's top all packaged and hope to get it in the mail tomorrow. 

I have your quilt top here and I have an idea percolating for a border for it. With company, my DD's wedding and Christmas I may not get to it just yet, but I'm looking forward to working on it.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 3:57 PM

I'll watch for the package.  I'm a little behind right now, too, so my package won't be off to Linda until the end of the week.  

We are getting hit with wet, heavy snow right now.  Our office closes when the schools close because of weather.  I may be home tomorrow and have a whole day to get caught up.  

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,410
Points 37,995
Linda replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 4:47 AM

Kathy D:

I'll watch for the package.  I'm a little behind right now, too, so my package won't be off to Linda until the end of the week.  

We are getting hit with wet, heavy snow right now.  Our office closes when the schools close because of weather.  I may be home tomorrow and have a whole day to get caught up.  

Kathy

This is the first time I've been on site since this round robin started. I've only done 3 quilts so far. Does that sound about right? I have not received any packages this month. I'm so far behind on Christmas presents...some won't get theirs until end of January. Kathy, did you send that package out? You might want to trace it because I haven't received it. Not being to get on QCA has been a nightmare.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:42 AM

Linda, I know I sent your RR to Jacy, but I know that December has been an exceptionally busy month for her with the wedding and Christmas and a birthday or two.  If she hasn't sent in on to the next person, I'm sure she will soon.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 3:30 PM

Linda,

Life got a little complicated this month.  Ended up having to go to Madison for three days for jury duty the week before Christmas which took a big chunk out of my sewing and Christmas prep time.  I have 2 quilts on hand right now - your personal one and the last one you need to work on.  I will have both of them in the mail on Monday.  Sorry to mess up the timing but I just couldn't get everything done.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,410
Points 37,995
Linda replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 5:25 PM

Kathy D:

Linda,

Life got a little complicated this month.  Ended up having to go to Madison for three days for jury duty the week before Christmas which took a big chunk out of my sewing and Christmas prep time.  I have 2 quilts on hand right now - your personal one and the last one you need to work on.  I will have both of them in the mail on Monday.  Sorry to mess up the timing but I just couldn't get everything done.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Kathy

Jury duty the week before Christmas...what a bummer!  I have a friend who has been on jury duty for 3 months now. I never see her anymore.  I'll be looking forward to the package. The young soldier mine is for is home after boot camp. His grandma and mom are coming over to see his brother's.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:35 AM

Nana, I received Jacy's quilt top in yesterday's mail.  I'm going to have to really think about a final border to this one.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:22 AM

Linda-

I mailed a box containing both your finished quilt and the last one you need to work on.  I must admit to all in the group that I very excitedly brought each quilt to work with me to show off your work and get ideas for my addition. I think you will be very pleased with your finished quilt top.  I think it is one of those wonderful blends of exciting quilt piecing and yet very appealing to guys. My assistant (also a die-hard quilter) and I loved every addition.

I just tracked your box through USPS. You should receive it on Thursday. 

Yes, jury duty the week before Christmas was unbelievably disruptive.  Madison is the opposite end of the state (335 miles).  It takes a minimum of 6 hours to get there - and another 6 to get home.  Unfortunately, we have been having some very severe winter weather - lots of snow and below zero temps which made the trip closer to 8 hours each way.  Three days away from home and work a week before Christmas was tough.  

But I'm on vacation now - taking my messy dog to the groomers shortly - and then will spend the rest of my day with my Christmas gift to myself - a new sewing machine.  I actually got it about a month ago but there is still so much that I need to learn about it.  But I love it.  I made table toppers and runners for at least a dozen people for Christmas.  I actually machine embroidered a cute little design on the matched set for my sister.  It was so sweet that I wanted to keep them!

I pray for a blessed New Year for all of my new friends.  Happy New Year!

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 2:00 PM

Kathy, I have your quilt top here, it's still waiting patiently for me to get some free time to work on it. I don't think I'll have much free time till the kids go back to school next week. So I'll be late  mailing it too you, but i'll let you know when it's on it's way.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 3:01 PM

Take whatever time you need.  I'm in no rush.  It will be nice mid-January gift when it gets here.  When I get caught up on the Baptismal garments I'm going to finally piece together the blocks for an 8 bladed pinwheel quilt.  The pattern was popular about 90 years ago.  I have 12 different feed-sack style prints.  There will be  8 different prints in each block.  I cut the prints months ago and then they got set aside.  It will be fun to see them actually put together. 

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:26 PM

Jacy, I have received your quilt and will be working on it this month, as soon as some inspiration hits me for that last border.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:44 PM

Jacy, your quilt top is in the mail.  I'm sure the top isn't anything like the vision you had, but it is a completed top and you should have it on Tuesday.

Page 9 of 10 (144 items) «Prev678910Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use