rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:53 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
Superwoman!  That is a lot of stuff going on and I thought I was a busy woman. Hahaha

Oh if only I were superwoman, that sure would help!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:57 PM

Karla:
I've had some problems and had to remove the borders I put on originally because they just all ruffled up on me...so I'm redoing them.  But maybe I'll get it done by next week.

I'm sorry. Isn't that always the way, just when you need to get things done something doesn't go as planned and it ends up taking longer than you thought. I hope the borders behave better on the second attempt.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

You gals aren't alone. As I was reading through the posts it looks like only one group out of five is on schedule. Life happens and we all adjust. Making sure your group knows what is going on makes all the difference. I'm behind too. I decided to make a "vision" on the top I have now but the "vision " is more time consuming than I anticipated. Isn't that the way of things?  I got this border stuck in my head and couldn't get past it so I just did it.   But I'm going to love the border and hope the owner will too.  I have to start doing more machine work on these borders and less hand applique. My handwork is slow. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 5:36 PM

Kathy, Nana's quilt went out in the mail today, you should have it Monday.

And when I got back from the post office, there was a small package for me. Thank you Kathy, so thoughtful of you, and I can't wait to try them out!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:11 PM

I find them very useful for clipping those little threads that sneak to the front of the quilt - you know, the ones you don't find until you are folding the top.  I  have a little plastic pencil box that I use when I want to carry a project with me.  These little nippers take very little space.  Enjoy!

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:21 AM

I received the package from you in yesterday's mail.  All I can say is WOW!  This one is amazing.  

I was starting to feel pretty comfortable with my skills but this one is really going to push me into new territory.  I have a feeling that the design of my addition is going to have some input from every quilter I know.  

What a gift it has been to be put together with all of you.  I am really enjoying the challenge of each quilt as it arrives at my door.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:42 AM

Kathy,

I'm finally back on site....WOHOO!! I received your package a couple days ago. It's going to be hard to out do that border you put on! But I think  I've come up with a border that will work. Believe it or not I have several colors of batiks but not blue....well not enough blue. I just have some small scraps. e-Quilter is loving me lately 5 orders in 2 weeks. I guess my caregiver is right...I have an addiction. I admit I'm a fabricaholic and proud of it!! Is there a support group for this???

Linda

PS. I can hardly wait to see my quilt...neither can his mom! I've got to hurry and get his brother's quilt finished.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:11 AM

Thank you, Kathy, for the little clippers.  I used to have some of these when I was doing cross stitch....hmmm, I wonder where they went.  Bet I could find then if I would dig through my cross stitch stuff.  I will keep these with my sewing machine.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 8:29 PM

Jacy, I sent you another package today...scheduled delivery day is Saturday 11/09/13.

Gee, I feel accomplished, the only thing I'm not behind on is the Round Robin, LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 2:02 AM

Karla

I haven't even started on the border on Jacy's quilt yet.   So you will have a small break at least....LOL>   I think I know what I want to do so I hope to get it done this coming week.   We aren't behind the border that I am working on now is the one that I should have mailed out by Dec 1.   So we are doing just fine.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 2:03 AM

Kathy

Thank you so much for the little clippers.  I have been using them ever since I got them.  They are fantastic to cut your strings when chain piecing.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 9:05 AM

I'm enjoying this Round Robin experience so much, I wanted to send you all something.  I am learning so much from each quilt that arrives at my house, I wanted to give back. The little clippers are really helpful.  

The little man who owns the repair shop that sells these is a wonderful person - shop closes for a couple weeks at a time because he is off in third world countries on mission trips with his church.  I think I bought my first pair because he is so humble that I felt obligated to buy something.  He is really dedicated to maintaining/repairing mechanical sewing machines.  I have a feeling that he grieves whenever he encounters one that he can't repair.  Now I go in purposefully to buy them.  I have several of the clippers around the house - even bought one to prune my plants.

I'm so glad you all are enjoying the clippers - I love the way they are so easy to handle and that they can get into very small places.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 1:22 PM

Good grief, now I have clipper envy.  

Just kidding,   Kathy.    Sounds like you have found a good guy to take your machines to. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 2:20 PM

Nana:

Karla

I haven't even started on the border on Jacy's quilt yet.   So you will have a small break at least....LOL>   I think I know what I want to do so I hope to get it done this coming week.   We aren't behind the border that I am working on now is the one that I should have mailed out by Dec 1.   So we are doing just fine.

Yes, Nana, I just finished up the one that you gave me at the Oregon Retreat...it wasn't due out until Dec. 1, but Jacy said it was OK to send it as she hopes to get it done before December when everything will be happening with her daughter's wedding.  It just feels so good to be ahead of schedule with something for a change.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 6:20 PM

Clipper envy, hmmm . . . I suppose I could become a clipper distributor - maybe I could make enough to take care of fabric addiction :)

Page 8 of 10 (144 items) «Prev678910Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use