rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 7:59 PM

Linda:

Jacy, I believe you mentioned that you did a row robin. I've signed up for one and we start in January. I have to have my first row ready to mail in January I should say. All I know is I want my theme to be stars. How did your row robin work?

Linda

Linda, we made our row first, much like the center for the round robin quilts. Our row set the theme/colors etc. When we did ours we decided everyone's rows would be 42", I don't remember if we had a minimum/maximum height for each row. Unlike the round robin, our rows were not sewed together, we got each one as a separate one. That meant we could arrange them as we liked and add strips/etc between each one if we wanted. I don't know if most row quilts work that way, or if each person usually attaches their row when they have completed it. Don't know if that answered your questions.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 10:10 PM

Nana,

Just letting you know that Kathy's quilt is going out in tomorrow's mail, tracking #9405 5036 9930 0067 1567 94....just in case you are interested. In 5 minutes or less I'll start receiving emails from USPS. Tomorrow I'll receive emails all day long.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 10:17 PM

Jacy:

Linda:

Jacy, I believe you mentioned that you did a row robin. I've signed up for one and we start in January. I have to have my first row ready to mail in January I should say. All I know is I want my theme to be stars. How did your row robin work?

Linda

Linda, we made our row first, much like the center for the round robin quilts. Our row set the theme/colors etc. When we did ours we decided everyone's rows would be 42", I don't remember if we had a minimum/maximum height for each row. Unlike the round robin, our rows were not sewed together, we got each one as a separate one. That meant we could arrange them as we liked and add strips/etc between each one if we wanted. I don't know if most row quilts work that way, or if each person usually attaches their row when they have completed it. Don't know if that answered your questions.

Thanks for the info, Jacy. Yes it helps a lot. This is the first time this group has done one so needless to say nothing is very clear about if they are sewn together or if you just receive the blocks. I think ours is going to be 72" and that's a bit large for my shoulders to handle now that I'm loosing range of motion. But if they are not sewn together then I can use what I want and use the rest in another quilt or on the back. I think that is an issue I'll have to bring up.

Hugs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 10:40 PM

Linda:
I think ours is going to be 72"

Wow, 72" sounds like a long row. maybe you could talk them into 50 or 60" max.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 5:49 AM

Jacy:

Linda:
I think ours is going to be 72"

Wow, 72" sounds like a long row. maybe you could talk them into 50 or 60" max.

Sounds like a plan. 60" I can handle

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 8:45 PM

Linda

I will let you know when I get it.   Thanks for the heads up.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 4:14 PM

Nana:

Linda

I will let you know when I get it.   Thanks for the heads up.

USPS shows it was delivered this afternoon. Please let me know that they did deliver it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:25 PM

Linda

I did receive it this afternoon.  It is hanging on my design wall waiting on inspiration....LOL>   I also finished your center today and it is packaged and ready to go to Karla tomorrow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:17 AM

Nana:

Linda

I did receive it this afternoon.  It is hanging on my design wall waiting on inspiration....LOL>   I also finished your center today and it is packaged and ready to go to Karla tomorrow.

Nana, that's wonderful!

Kathy - Did I mention that I received you package (Jacy's quilt) the other day? I've got so much going on I may have forgotten to mention it. Now that I have my AZ Centennial quilt off the design wall, I'll put it on the wall so I can be thinking about it while I'm trying to get my quilt show pulled together.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:10 PM

Linda - 

Good to know that you received it.  This is our busiest time of the year at work.  I've been on the road a lot.  It's nice to come home to the Round Robin quilts - they require creativity but are small enough projects to make me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.  I think I could get used to this.

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Kathy D:

It's nice to come home to the Round Robin quilts - they require creativity but are small enough projects to make me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.  I think I could get used to this.

Kathy

We love hearing how much you enjoy the RR. 🐀 (settling for mouse in the corner when I really wanted to be a fly on the wall - but alas, no fly emoji)

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:04 AM

Jacy:
Kathy, I sent Karla's quilt on to you, you should have it Monday.

Kathy, I never heard if you received this. The PO shows it as being delivered and I know you are very busy this month. Hope it made it there safely.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 4:27 PM

Yes, I received it and it is lovely.  I have my addition cut out and ready to assemble.  Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  It has been very hectic.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:50 PM

Karla

I haven't heard if you received Linda's quilt yet.  I would look at the tracking number but it is probably in the bedroom and DH is already in bed.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:37 AM

Sorry, Nana, yes I did receive it...finally got to the mailbox yesterday.  Now, to figure out what I'm going to do to add to it.

Page 6 of 10 (144 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use