Group5 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:42 PM

Group 5 -  I will be ready to mail Jacy's center with my border this week.  Are we to wait until everyone is ready to mail or just go ahead and mail when we have finished?  Not sure what the protocol is here.

Jacy - It was great fun working with your center.  I really like how it turned out.  My fear of working on someone else's project melted away once I settled on a border.  I can't wait to get the next one.  I'm beginning to think that this Round Robin process is going to be addicting.

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:18 AM

Kathy D:

Group 5 -  I will be ready to mail Jacy's center with my border this week.  Are we to wait until everyone is ready to mail or just go ahead and mail when we have finished?  Not sure what the protocol is here.

Jacy - It was great fun working with your center.  I really like how it turned out.  My fear of working on someone else's project melted away once I settled on a border.  I can't wait to get the next one.  I'm beginning to think that this Round Robin process is going to be addicting.

Kathy

Kathy, and you were worried....why???? Told you. You will be just fine.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:21 PM

Kathy D:
Jacy - It was great fun working with your center.  I really like how it turned out.  My fear of working on someone else's project melted away once I settled on a border.  I can't wait to get the next one.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear you had fun with it. I have Karla's border done. I don't know if you want me to mail it to you early so you can start thinking about it?

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 695
Kathy D replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:43 PM

I would appreciate having the extra time.  I have 3 days of jury duty, 3 days of hosting a speaker for a workshop, and then set up and hosting a conference for 500 people - all in the next 3 1/2 weeks!  This is the busiest time of the year for my job.  I love it - but having the border to think about will be a great diversion.  Your center was so pretty that I can't wait to see your first border.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:48 PM

Kathy D:
I would appreciate having the extra time.

great. I'll get it packaged up and in the mail to you. Even if you don't have time to sew, at least your mind can be distracted with thoughts of sewing!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:52 PM

Linda

You can send the next center whenever you are ready.   I haven't worked on yours yet but should get to it this weekend.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:41 PM

Kathy D:
I would appreciate having the extra time.

Kathy, I sent Karla's quilt on to you, you should have it Monday.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:00 PM

Jacy, I will be mailing Nana's center to you today or tomorrow.  Be looking for it.  I sure hope that I didn't make a big mess of it.  I did cut off a few corners, but they're bearly noticeable, I hope, but I have left you straight edges to work with, with no corners to be cut off.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:17 PM

Thanks Karla, I'll be watching for it. And I'm sure it's great, we are our own worst critics.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:58 PM

Nana, you can send the next one to me whenever you have it ready, but don't worry, I'm not in a hurry...got so many projects to finish right now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:12 PM

Nana:

Linda

You can send the next center whenever you are ready.   I haven't worked on yours yet but should get to it this weekend.

Nana, I have the pieces cut, but haven't had the time to put it together yet. Hope to this week. I'm trying to start my quilt #12 (final) for the retreat center too. Plus I have 2 others I have to quilt yet. The quilt show is Oct. 26. I ended up taking the day off today because I'm exhausted from the Country Living  Fair I went to over the weekend and I'm trying to adjust to new glasses...2 pairs (1 for close up, 1 for distance). I'm constantly changing glasses. That is causing some anxiety. I see the doctor again on Wed. He said it would be difficult and hard work to correct the damage caused 6 years ago by brain trauma. I'll try to send it out by next week.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:30 PM

Jacy, I believe you mentioned that you did a row robin. I've signed up for one and we start in January. I have to have my first row ready to mail in January I should say. All I know is I want my theme to be stars. How did your row robin work?

Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:29 PM

Jacy, it's in the mail, scheduled delivery is Thursday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:39 PM

Karla

I am sure you did fine.  I didn't even look to make sure the block was square.   I really rushed trying to find something that I could use since I joined at the last minute.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 7:50 PM

Karla:

Jacy, it's in the mail, scheduled delivery is Thursday.

Karla, just letting you know I received it. It's on my wall so I can start thinking about it.

Page 5 of 10 (144 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use