Here is my label....

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 634
Points 16,160
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 5:22 PM

Jacy:

This is my first Round Robin. I have to figure out some kind of label for each person to sign. And what about the journal, Barbara and Linda, I think you've both done this before. What do I write in there? And what kinds of things do people write as they work on their row they are adding.

Jacy and Karla - the journal is for information to your team members about your center and what is your vision for the center. What colors should be used or how to approach the borders. Like in the last RR I made a red/white mariners compass and asked the team to use the red/white only in the borders and stay with a more traditional look. Now this RR we didn't post pictures of our centers so its a surprise when you get it so the journal supposed to be a guideline. What colors you want, dark or light background on the blocks, dark/bright/pastel s are preferred and so on. And you can they'll the team if you want a modern/traditional quilt or should they use appliqué.... Well I hope this helps.

the label could be just a square of fabric or a block every quilter will sign it in the order they worked on your center. 

Zsofia

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 634
Points 16,160
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 5:23 PM

Linda:

Here is my label....

Linda - I really like your label.

Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 5:28 PM

Linda, I'm in Group 3 but am very grateful for the photo of your center and your label. I like them both and as a newbie to the Round Robin appreciate your posting them!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:37 AM

Roxana:

Linda, I'm in Group 3 but am very grateful for the photo of your center and your label. I like them both and as a newbie to the Round Robin appreciate your posting them!

Roxana, I'm happy to help you newbie's. I was a newbie once and had no idea what I was doing. Every time I got a quilt in the mail I was scared to death to do anything to it for fear I was doing the wrong thing. However, on the other hand, it gave me the opportunity to get creative with borders. No more plain borders on my quilts!!! Good luck...you will do fine.

Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:22 PM

Thanks for the info, Linda.  Do you actually sew the label onto your center block before you mail it on, or do you just include the label for everyone to sign in the same package and sew it on when you get your completed top back?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:11 PM

Karla:

Thanks for the info, Linda.  Do you actually sew the label onto your center block before you mail it on, or do you just include the label for everyone to sign in the same package and sew it on when you get your completed top back?

Karla, I just include it for everyone to sign. I don't put the label on the quilt until it has been quilted.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 675
Kathy D replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:46 PM

I am so glad to hear that you like to help newbies as we are in the same Round Robin group.  I am very excited to get started - and very nervous hoping that I can do just to other group members' work.  And I, too, like your label.

Kathy D

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:02 PM

Kathy D:

I am so glad to hear that you like to help newbies as we are in the same Round Robin group.  I am very excited to get started - and very nervous hoping that I can do just to other group members' work.  And I, too, like your label.

Kathy D

It's good to hear from you Kathy. I have to admit I have a Print Shop Program that I love to play around with and I can get very creative with my labels. What's better than a mama robin with a circle representing a round robin. Then the baby robins are everyone who works on the quilt. Well....it made sense to me. Blame it on my brain injury...I haven't been the same since....a lot quirky most people say. Glad you will be working with us. When we didn't hear anything from you we were getting a little worried. Did you introduce yourself in that section? Otherwise I'm just going to ask you a million questions!!!!!! Welcome to group5. Hugs.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 675
Kathy D replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 9:50 PM

Linda, Jacy, Barbara, and Karla -

I am so blessed to be put into a group with all of you.  A few seconds after I joined the Round Robin I was asking myself why did I do that.  I love quilting and receive nothing but compliments on my projects, but thinking I can add to someone else's work is quite a leap of faith.  But it is a something I have never done before and life is all about challenges. I know I am going to enjoy this tremendously.  

I love the kind of quilt that brings me back to childhood days at my grandparents' cabin - cheerful colors, traditional blocks, and florals of all kinds.  I have acquired some fabrics that bring back the cabin so intensely that I can almost smell the breeze coming through the screens and taste the fried pan fish waiting in the kitchen.  Not sure what I will do with them but I'm guessing something that will be donated in my grandparents' names.

A friend of mine gave me several boxes of quilting and embroidery items that once belonged to his mother.  Linda's robin has given me an idea for my label that I might be able to create from some of the very old iron-on embroidery patterns included in those boxes. 

Thanks for the welcome - and all the help I know I'm going to get from you.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 4:38 PM

Ladies

It looks like I will be filling in for Barbara.  Zsofia or Maggie will post my address later this evening.   I will have to really scamper to try to find a block that I can use.  Hope you don't mind the substitute too much.   Linda you can send your block to me anytime you get my addy.   It may be a little while before I can work on it but it will get its spot on the design wall for inspiration....LOL.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:45 PM

Happy to have you Nana.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:03 PM

Kathy D:
I am so blessed to be put into a group with all of you.  A few seconds after I joined the Round Robin I was asking myself why did I do that.  I love quilting and receive nothing but compliments on my projects, but thinking I can add to someone else's work is quite a leap of faith.  But it is a something I have never done before and life is all about challenges. I know I am going to enjoy this tremendously.

Kathy, I am so glad you took the plunge and signed up. This is my first Round Robin too, but last year I really enjoyed the row quilts a few of us participated in. I was often stumped /unsure at first what I should do for each person's row, but ideas came and I was pleased with each row by the time I was done. Searching Google images for Round robin quilts, or for 'Patriotic' quilts, or whatever the theme of the quilt is will help give you ideas. There are a couple of quilt books out there too on borders that I think will be helpful too, I have one called 60 Pieced quilt borders by Judy Laquidara.

I'm looking forward to working on everyone quilts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:34 PM

I made my label today, not quite as fancy as Linda's, since I don't have a print shop program, but it will have to do.  I also ordered the book on pieced borders that Jacy mentioned above...hope it will give me some inspiration for your quilts when I receive them.

Nana, happy to have you on board with us, even though I am sorry that Barbara is not able to participate.  Hope she's on the mend soon.

And Kathy, I'm glad that someone besides me has not done one of these before.  We'll do just fine.  

Jacy, I have mine ready, and hopefully will get around to getting in the mail in the next couple of days.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 675
Kathy D replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:40 PM

I think this is going to be a terrific experience.  Welcome, Nana.

Page 2 of 10 (144 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use