rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:55 PM

Karen-

I've sent your quilt top today.  I'll send you the tracking number.  Hope you love the top!

Kristie

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705

Gini did your quilt arrive yet?

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

Your top went in the mail today.  I'll PM the tracking #

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

Linda, having issues sending a PM, but you should receive by Tuesday (Wednesday at the latest).

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

Ladies - I received my quilt top today.  Thank you all, it is beautiful, and my husband is very pleased with it, with my flaws in it and all. 

Thank you also for the feedback and advice that you provided.  It will help me in advancing my skills.  I have multiple quilts and other sewing projects to make for babies, etc., so won't be participating in another RR or swap for a while.

Karen J.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 4:30 PM

Karen Jones:

Linda, having issues sending a PM, but you should receive by Tuesday (Wednesday at the latest).

Karen,

Didn't receive the PM, but I'll be on the lookout.  Can't wait. I've been trying  to put my sewing room in order and finishing a few things. Now it's taking the tree down and putting all the decorations away.

Kristie, You're welcome. With 4 sons and 6 grandsons, I know somethiing about little boys. And now I take my sister's 3 1/2 year old grandson to story hour at the library on Wednesdays. He never shuts up and is constantly on the go and knows where the toys are here. It was a pleasure.

I want to wish everyone a prosperous New Year.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 9:11 AM

Happy New Year all.

I received my quilt from Karen yesterday and love it. It is just the right size for my dining table and I'll finish it right away.Each border fits and enhances the center. All the colors are right on. Debbie, love the stripes and music blocks. Gini, do you do all your work by hand? I like the idea of having that included in the quilt. Kristie, your border adds to the theme and keeps it from being too much of one thing. Karen, love all the color viriations in your leaves. Don't know if that shows up in the picture, but they're real looking. I want to thank all of you for making this RR such a nice experience.

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 11:49 AM

Glad you like it Linda. :)

Gini, were you able to send mine yet?  I'm keeping an eye out for it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 3:53 PM

i got my quilt top, thanks everyone for all the hard work you put into it.   i will post pictures later.   kristie, your quiil is in the post and should be to you tomorrow

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

I'm glad you liked it.  It gave me a chance to use some of the GO! dies I received for Christmas.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 6:11 PM

Karen-

How do you like your go cutter?  How exciting to get new toys for Christmas. :)

Kristie

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

I have had the cutter for a few years, I just keep forgetting to use it!  I purchased a package that had a bunch of the dies with it, but don't really like some of them, as they have different size shapes on them, such as  http://www.accuquilt.com/cutting-dies/go-dies/go-value-die-comes-w-go-fabric-cutter-not-included-w-go-baby-cutter.html.  You can no longer get many of the ones I have.

They have avoided doing multiple sizes in recent dies, unless it is for a specific pattern, such as double wedding ring.  But even then, I wouldn't want the ring to be the same fabric as the background, so you would have to manipulate where you place the fabric on the die to take advantage of it.

I really like the rag square, 2 1/2" strip (and mynew  2 1/2" squares to go with it), 4 1/2" squares, half-square triangle dies.  I just have to remember that I have the cutter to use!

Karen

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 2:47 PM

James's quilt top just arrived-  you ladies did an amazing job!  I love all of it-  the applique tracks, train and letters, the pieced blocks, embroidery, all of it.  The colors are great-  I'm going to get this on the quilting frame as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 10:14 AM

Hi all,

I just had to show what one of my presents was for Christmas. It is a woven throw with the picture of my grandchildren. My youngest granddaughter saw an ad, her mother sent the picture and see the results below. I sewed a sleeve to the back and hung in on a curtain rod on the wall in the den.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 6:35 PM

Linda-

what a nice gift they gave you- it looks like it came out quite clear. I've always wondered how those really turn out (having seen the ads for them too). 

• Post Points: 35
Page 11 of 12 (171 items) «Prev89101112Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use