Group4 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:22 PM

debbie,  your block was square enough.  but i am sorry.   there wasn't enough room to have a seam and have points on your HSTs , so  all of your points will be hidden in the seam allowance.    your applique also went  clear to the edge of your piece,  which means your horse's tail and hoof are partly in the seam allowance, too.   some of the points in your seam allowance are cut off, too.

my goal is to enhance the block i've been given and i think i have done that with your block.   i hope you like my round.   

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:32 PM

Gini, why do I get the feeling you're pulling that horse's tail? lol And Debbie's leg.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

I got a peek at Debbie's block when Gini got done with her border. If you have to have a "pointless, tailless hoofless" center you need Gini to do the first round!  Some of our members are so talented you don't even notice those issues when they get done with it. You lucky girl, Debbie.  The top is beautiful!  I guarantee my group members won't be so fortunate. Gini, you certainly have vision and talent. What a great learning experience for your group. They will be able to see how easy you make things appear. Oooh, oooh!  I want to send Gini my "pointless" blocks. Hahaha. The rest of you must wait to see the finished top but try to remember to take a close look when the final top is posted. 😃

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 5:07 PM

Hi ladies-

Hope you are all doing well.  I have obtained the fabric and will be finishing the border this weekend.  (Hope you like it Gini! :) )

Happy sewing everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 6:08 PM

Kristie:

Hi ladies-

Hope you are all doing well.  I have obtained the fabric and will be finishing the border this weekend.  (Hope you like it Gini! :) )

Happy sewing everyone!

the anticipation isn't so good for my heart.  I'm sure i will love it.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 2:15 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm finished with my border on Karen's center and ready to send it on to Debbie. If you're ready, Debbie..

I'm ready to mail it on Monday.

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 6:24 PM

Debbie,

The quilt is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:41 AM

Hi Karen-  I'm finishing Gini's border today-  so I can send it to you if you are ready.

Gini,  feel free to send me the next top.  :)

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:36 PM

debbie, i had a wonderful surprise in my mailbox when i got home from seattle.  you and linda have done a great job with linda's center,   now my fun begins. 

kristie, i will get your's in the mail tomorrow or friday when i get to the post office.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:57 AM

Linda:

Debbie,

The quilt is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

Hi Debbie,

I was wrong. The quilt was delivered yesterday (WIed).  So says USPS. Let me know when you can that you did get it.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:50 PM

I did get it. And wow, you really make me have to think. You are an awesome quilter.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:57 PM

Thanks Debbie.

I was lost for a while today because my computer is acting up. I have had to restore it to an earlier date a few times over the last couple of months. So I will back it up completely and hope for the best.

Can't lose contact with all my quilting friends. I'd really be lost.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Linda, I miss everyone too when I am so busy I don't have time to get on. I am having bad episodes lately of arthritis. My doctor asked me Tuesday if I'd ever thought about taking a break from quilting. I told her I do take breaks. She said she meant like a month or so. I laughed a belly laugh and asked her if she was crazy!  Since I can't take NSAIDS I start physical therapy on Monday.  We will see how that goes. 😳 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:24 PM

Maggie,

I've had physical therapy on shoulder  and leg and it worked.  But you have to keep it up or the hurt comes back. I don't take the time to exercise,soooo the hurt comes back. You'll feel better afterwards. Think positive.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:50 AM

Wow is it sign we are getting old? I am fighting bursitis in my hip and shoulder. PT does help and yeah you do gotta keep it up. I am bad and dont until the hurt starts. Darn I wish I was more disciplined. :( 

Pick out the fabrics for Karens block. Gonna start on it some today. But we had a cold front come in and bring Mt Cedar (highly allergic and had to get shot yesterday). Did not sleep at all last night. So I see a nap in the near future :).

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Page 5 of 12 (171 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use