Group4 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,900
Kristie replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:01 PM

Good news Gini- your lovely center block arrived today.  :)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Just call her lucky Gini!  LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

Kristie, got your block today.  Discussed options with my husband over dinner, and he came up with some great suggestions.  I won't spoil it for you and tell, but we know you'll like the end result!

Karen

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:07 PM

kristie, you're kidding.  it actually got there, and so quickly.  

debbie  your block arrived on saturday.   

THE FUN BEGINS  !!!!

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,900
Kristie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:42 AM

Karen Jones:

Kristie, got your block today.  Discussed options with my husband over dinner, and he came up with some great suggestions.  I won't spoil it for you and tell, but we know you'll like the end result!

Karen

Looking forward to it! :)  

(I often ask my husband for his opinion on quilts)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:06 PM

Debbie,

Tracking shows you should have received my quilt yesterday (Tuesday). Hope you did.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:35 PM

I received Karen's center today. 

Karen, one of my favorites. I made one as a window covering a while back. It will be a pleasure to work on yours.

Debbie,  still have not heard if you received my center. You should have received it Tuesday of this week.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705

Linda I did get you center. Sorry I posted here to tell you. Dont know why it did not post. So sorry, hope you were not worrying to much. I have already added my border and will be mailing on Monday.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:47 AM

Debbie :

Linda I did get you center. Sorry I posted here to tell you. Dont know why it did not post. So sorry, hope you were not worrying to much. I have already added my border and will be mailing on Monday.

Debbie,  I really wasn't worried and if you're working figured you didn't have the time till the weekend.

Before mailing it you should ask Gini if she is ready for it. It's best not to have the RR quilts collecting. The timeline gives you a couple of more weeks and she may still be working on yours.  Just a suggestion from the previous RR's.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:23 AM

that was quick,  debbie.   i have mine ready to sew on the way over to seattle today.  i've figured out those long car rides.  something to sew  and a book on tape,  it makes the miles go really fast.  well, maybe not really fast, but faster. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:24 AM

no, that's fine  i can handle more than one at a time.  i like to hang them on the design wall and think about what i'm gong to do.   having one get here early gives me more time to contemplate.   it's all good. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

gini:

no, that's fine  i can handle more than one at a time.  i like to hang them on the design wall and think about what i'm gong to do.   having one get here early gives me more time to contemplate.   it's all good. 

FYI Group 4

If you haven't figured it out yet, Gini is an over achiever!  ROTFL Her work is amazing, even the ones she doesn't like. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:16 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

gini:

FYI Group 4

If you haven't figured it out yet, Gini is an over achiever!  ROTFL Her work is amazing, even the ones she doesn't like. Hahaha

Then I can't wait to see what she'll do with mine.!! Maybe it will get back faster. LOL

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:19 AM

Karen,

I knew what I wanted to do with your center when I got it.  But, it took a little math and a few changes but now I have all the fabric (from my stash) and pattern ready to go. My granddaughter's school project is on my dining table right now, but she takes it to school tomorrow and I can begin with the cutting. A part is paper pieced, so should go pretty quick. Can't wait to see how is comes out.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

I can't wait to see how it evolves and comes back to me.  I was going to include "directions/preferences" with my quilt, but my husband says that would take all the excitement away.  So, no "directions/preferences."  Strange from the man who hates surprises -- yes, he has said "tell me when you're going to surprise me." ;-)

I was going to work on mine this weekend, but a guild member offered to have a FREE mystery quilt get together on Saturday, and only just supplied us with the list of fabrics and cuts we need to do before we get there.  I'll be working on that the next couple of nights.  You can check out her work on http://www.handmaidendesigns.com/.

Page 3 of 12 (171 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use