Group4 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,219
gini replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 11:34 AM

No cats here, no dogs, no smoke, just Sam and I and the stray grand kid.  I have even got all of them trained not to touch a quilt unless their hands are washed.  I have changed my mind a dozen times over which stray block I' m using.   Of course, I am leaning towards the one that needs to be taken apart and reworked.  Company is leaving this morning, I a working at the fair this afternoon and evening, and we are leaving in the wee hours for Seattle on Sunday or Monday.  Lots of road time to work on it.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 1:14 PM

We have cats, but I will keep your quilt tops protected from them (and my three year old ). We don't smoke either so no worries there. 

I finally decided on my center block and am waiting on the fabric to arrive. (If it doesn't show by mid week I'll have to ditch that idea and pick another). 

Have a good weekend - we are camping and going to a baseball game. :)

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

I have dogs and will try my best to keep stray hairs out of the quilts, but since my sewing area shares the family/dog room, I can't make any guarantees.  If nothing else, I will go over them with the lint roller before I send them back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,219
gini replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:28 AM

So much for having lots of time,  I forgot the seam ripper.   I have the day to myself tomorrow, I think I will check out some quilt shops.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:49 AM

Good morning,

Last weekend and the one before, 10 shops around the state put on a shop hop. My sister-in-law comes with me and she doesn't quilt but does other sewing. Almost every shop we went to she bought pattern and/or fabric for a purse. Oh what fun!! We like to find eating places (almost) as much as visiting the shops. I do the trip planning--west one day--east one day-- north two days. We leave about 8 or 9 am and get back about 4 - 7 pm. Each shop has a goodie bag and some are quite generous. Besides selling a block, each one also sells a finishing kit. I won a door prize at 3 shops, thinking myself lucky!  Each shop also had a $250.00 basket of goodies for a lucky winner. Well, my sister-in-law won at one of the shops. She gave me a bundle of 4 fq that matched a panel I had from another trip.  Another project!!  We also met up with a couple of ladies from Texas (didn't get the names) who were also doing the shop hop.  Debbie, was that  you?  We had a great time.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:56 AM

Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun. No was not me, maybe I will get to do that one day soon.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 2:35 PM

Hi everyone-

Hope everyone is doing well on their block and hope you are having a good week.

:)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 3:25 PM

Putting mine in the mail today.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 2:51 PM

Hey Ladies,

So i get the conscensus is that no one is allergic to cat or dog, correct?

I will endevor to keep the cat out, but I dont need to be allergy conscience?

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 9:46 AM

Debbie,

Mailed out my center to you this morning. Because of the holiday it will reach you Tuesday.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 4:19 PM

Finished the block.  Need to finish the journal and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Have a great holiday weekend! :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 1:30 PM

Karen, I've mailed the block.  I'll send you the tracking info via PM.

Gini, feel free to send your block when you are ready. :)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,219
gini replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 5:30 PM

kristie,   my block is in the mail.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,219
gini replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 5:35 PM

crap, i've had a fail already.  i forgot to put the changed address on the  package.   oh well, my return address is on there.  i'll go to the post office tuesday and see if i can straighten it out.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 7:10 AM

gini:

crap, i've had a fail already.  i forgot to put the changed address on the  package.   oh well, my return address is on there.  i'll go to the post office tuesday and see if i can straighten it out.

Oh no Gini!  Hope you can fix it on Tuesday-  I'll keep an eye out here and maybe it'll find me without having to return to you.

Page 2 of 12 (171 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use