Group4 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia Posted: Wed, Aug 21 2013 3:37 PM

Members of group4 please use this thread to connect and get to know each other.

• Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 391
Points 4,895
Kristie replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:41 PM

Hi ladies!

just to let you know- my house number is 2530. 

Looking forward to working on your quilts! :)

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:45 PM

Kristie:

Hi ladies!

just to let you know- my house number is 2530. 

Looking forward to working on your quilts! :)

Kristie - thanks for posting you house number. I sent PM to the other members as well.

Zsofia 

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:13 PM

Hi all,

I am very excited about this group. This is my 1st RR so any advise will be very welcome. I am looking forward to seeing my finished quilt.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:36 PM

hi everyone.  i'm really looking forward to working on all the quilts.   i have my needles sharpened and ready tosew

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:04 AM

Hello group 4,

I'm excited to get started on this my 3rd RR.  I love communicating with others from different parts of the country.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 1:18 PM

Me again,

I sent everyone in group 4 a Friends Request. 

Wanted also to say a little more about how I handle the RR's. I print out and read the instructions a few times, underlining the important dates and info. Then I might read them again as we go along.  I also print out a list of the names (25) and write down where they're from. I just think it's interestiing to know where everyone is from.

One thing not mentioned was the sending of a little gift to members of the group. I've done it before. Once I mailed a FQ to each individually because I didn't want the expense with the quilt to be too much. The other times with the quilt. But, including or not including a little gift is up to everyone in the group to agree to. And it doesn't have to be a FQ. So if everyone agrees not to do it, that's fine.

Also, don't forget the journal. I try to read it carefully and follow the senders request.

Did you guess by now I'm retired? :-) lol  But, my calendar is full with dr's appt., grandchildren, going when someone needs help, dr's appt, etc.  and quilting. You just don't know how busy you can be until you retire.

I know this group will have a fine time with this RR.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 4:15 PM

Karen Jones - I took your post off. Please don't post personal info on these threads because it's public and anyone can view it. Sorry for the typo in your address I will send a correction out to the group!

Zsofia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:34 PM

Hey G4. I very excited. I have my center done. I am working on my journal and hope to have it in the mail by 1st of next week.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:35 PM

Oh and im cool with sending a gift. So what ever ya'll wanna do.

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:24 PM

Linda, 

Since you will be sending to me, I would like to tell you we some times have issues with our mail. So if you dont mind will you write the street address large and clear. I would hate for anything to happen. 

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 705
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:25 PM

Ladies, 

I am a non-smoking household but I do have a cat. So please let me know if this is a problem and I will de-cat my sewing room and keep him out.

Thanks,

Debbie

Rhome, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 510

It's my first round robin, but not my first internet swap!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 8:46 AM

Debbie :

Linda, 

Since you will be sending to me, I would like to tell you we some times have issues with our mail. So if you dont mind will you write the street address large and clear. I would hate for anything to happen. 

Debbie,  No problem. My handwriting is large anyway.  And a little gift is fine with me. My center is ready to go, so I'll work on the journal and label this weekend and have all ready by Wednesday  or Thursday of next week.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 9:03 AM

Oops, Forgot to say. My husband and I don't smoke and I do find the smell offensive. We also don't have a cat (Not a cat person) and at the moment don't own a dog. But don't get me wrong, we like animals--just not in the house. And over our 51 years of married life raising 4 sons, we have had horses, pigs, chickens, dogs and even cats! At this stage of my life, I would rather not. Why, pretty soon I'll need someone to take care of me :-)  LOL

Vacherie, Louisiana

Page 1 of 12 (171 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use