Group3 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 164 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:19 AM

Roxana, since I'm the last one for you to do just take as much time as you need. I'm not in that big a hurry.

Kerry, I made it to the PO this morning and the top is on it's way home.

Happy New year to all.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:29 AM

I am still working on my top.  I decided I didn't like what I first thought of!  I will get it out next week. 

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 4:26 PM

Judi:

I am still working on my top.  I decided I didn't like what I first thought of!  I will get it out next week. 

Oh Judith I took your top to work with me to mail today and totally forgot to do so what with trying to get things done and get out and home again before the storm got worse - I really hate driving in the snow in the dark.  I will mail it when I get back there (hopefully sometime tomorrow )

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 4:35 PM

Don't worry about it.  With the storm coming, I doubt anything will move very well for a few days!  Wait until Monday if that is better for you. 

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 10:21 AM

Judi:

Don't worry about it.  With the storm coming, I doubt anything will move very well for a few days!  Wait until Monday if that is better for you. 

Judi I did make it to work on Friday - but forgot the pen to sign your label.  I also made it to the post office before it closed yesterday - and had forgotten to put your top in the car!!!  I will send it tomorrow morning and you should have it by Wednesday.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 10:25 AM

Bonita:
Kerry, I made it to the PO this morning and the top is on it's way home.

We finally ventured to the mail room to get our mail today and I am in AWE!!!!

Ladies my quilt top is amazing!!!!!!

I can't believe the beautiful additions and will try to post a picture later - I am sure Judi and the others who added early borders will love how wonderfully they work with the outer borders.  Absolutely amazing!!!!  Now to figure out how to quilt it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 11:54 AM

bdsagek:

Ladies my quilt top is amazing!!!!!!

I can't believe the beautiful additions and will try to post a picture later - I am sure Judi and the others who added early borders will love how wonderfully they work with the outer borders.  Absolutely amazing!!!!  Now to figure out how to quilt it.

I can't wait to see the final picture. I loved making the dog prints through the leaves! My husband loved that one too. .... Did you draw out your center yourself?

Bonita, I know what I am going to do now. Just need to do the math and get started. I'm truly being the caboose on this one! No one's fault but my own.

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 2:51 PM

I finished my border of Susie's quilt last nite!  I have had so much fun doing this round robin. It will get to the PO tomorrow as will my postage stamp swaps!  

Too icy and cold to drop it off this afternoon.  Stay warm everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 12:01 PM

Roxana:
I loved making the dog prints through the leaves! My husband loved that one too. .... Did you draw out your center yourself?

That border (dog prints through the leaves) just glows in person - the photo I took just doesn't do it justice.

The center is from a pattern, but I just generally followed it to (as usual)  I think I am going to make a second one just working from a photo I have,

or maybe two ;)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:11 PM

Kerry,

So happy you like it. I loved your center so much. And now that I see your model it's just great. Please show it when you get it finished.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 1:05 PM

I sent out Susie's top today.  I added about a half yard of the black that I put in as the foundation to my border.  I thought it might be used for binding, if you desire.  I really enjoyed this round robin.  It was challenging and so much fun.  I cannot wait to see mine!

i will OM Susie with the tracking number.

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 1:26 PM

Judi:
I cannot wait to see mine!

should arrive tomorrow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 10:44 AM

My quilt top arrived today!  I could not wait to see what everyone had done with my center. 

WOW!  I live it.  I know that my center put all of you out of your comfort zones, but everyone really outdid themselves!  Every border just added to the peaceful feeling that I hoped would shine!  

Susie, Thank you for adding the candles and the Hebrew Shalom!  I know you needed to find the Hebrew spelling!  Your letters are fabulous. 

Roxana, I love the wheat fabric and my Granddaughter's Hebrew name is Ruth with was my Mother's as well.  The story of Ruth Nd anatomical has always been special to me

Bonita, I must find more of this fabric!  Please send me the name of the shop.  I also want the pattern for the stars. I haven't seen them pieced before.

Kerry,  Your border just made my quilt top look finished.  It is perfect as it ties everything together.  

I will post a picture today

i really can't express how much I love this quilt!  I can't wait to do another Round Robin!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:02 PM

bdsagek:

Roxana:
I loved making the dog prints through the leaves! My husband loved that one too. .... Did you draw out your center yourself?

That border (dog prints through the leaves) just glows in person - the photo I took just doesn't do it justice.

The center is from a pattern, but I just generally followed it to (as usual)  I think I am going to make a second one just working from a photo I have, or maybe two ;)

Thanks, Kerry. I loved making it. .... Love the picture of you dog too.

Would you know where I might find a Chihuahua pattern?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:03 PM

Thanks, Judi. Did you post a picture yet?

Page 9 of 11 (165 items) «Prev7891011Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use