Group2 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:06 PM

well girls, I've had the center on my wall for almost 2 weeks and it is still not talking to me.  will take it with me to LQS and maybe I can see something that will jump out at me and scream, "this is what you need!"

any suggestions?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Deb, don't send anything else to Karen. She currently has three tops. Send directly to me. I will try to send you another pm with my address. It has taken me forever to get on the site since I last posted. The site is getting harder or me to get on to. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 7:30 AM

Maggie - I am just going to bring it with me to the retreat, if that's ok.  LQS is closed today due to the weather.  We got 2" of snow last night.  got a dentist appt this morning and then I work 12-9 today.  It's 10 degrees outside and don't know wind chill factor but they are saying 20 minutes will get you frostbite.  Oh, I am ready for spring!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Debbie, sounds good. I'm really looking forward to the retreat. My DH cancelled on me yesterday but my good friend is coming with me. Yes, she quilts. She does a lot of handwork ie piecing, appliqué and quilting. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 2:22 PM

Maggie, Still no idea what to do, so hoping all the ladies can give me some ideas.  I so need this break from work, really trying time and need an escape.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 3:37 PM
Yea, finally got back on. Are you girls headed to Branson? Try not to get snowed in...can not believe the weather in the East this year. Maggie, did you ever get the blocks from Karen? Just wondering the status.

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 7:52 PM

Maggie I haven't had anything to send since the end of December...should I of had one?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

I actually got on today.

I will probaly never get back on again!

please feel free to contact me out side of this forum

anybeth@rocketmail.com

I have a top ready to send.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 10:55 PM

received a quilt center from Bethany today and not sure whose it is as no paperwork accompanied it but it sure is pretty!  

wow, now I've got to go to the LQS!  Bummer, not!  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:14 AM

I have not had a center since December and have not seen mine... Does anyone know what is going on? I thought this would be something fun and exciting to do and it was until now.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:26 AM

Deb -  I sent Maggie the ones I had after finishing my border. I know she has been real busy with work and hasn't posted much lately.  One person had 3 of the centers and Maggie was trying to get them all back from her.  I haven't heard from her in about a month. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Good morning gals. I've been swamped with family stuff and work. I gave up on trying to get on QCA until today (couldn't sleep). I got a renewal notice in the mail that said "Please come back."  I joined at the end of July 2012 so I was curious if my membership actually expired. I guess not because I'm on. LOL

I have not been able to get back the four tops that one member has been holding. Deb, I agree, this RR has not been fun. It appears all the "people" problems were in this one group, which was nice for the other groups but sucked for us. I will go ahead and finish up one of the tops in my possession. The other top I have belongs to our member holding four tops so I will be holding that top hostage. LOL  Deb, I believe the top I am finishing up is yours.  My top, Beth's, Kathy's and Debbie's are the ones missing. I will be sending another letter and pre-paid envelope again and hopefully this time she will return them.

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,605
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 8:27 AM

Maggie, if you would like and once you get the tops from the one member, I'd be happy to add a border to one or two if that would help you. I hate for you to be out more money so I can send you a postage paid envelope. Just let me know.

Roxana

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 5:58 PM

Do you think if we each sent her a card with a plea for our tops, she would send them back?   at least sh would know that we are seriously wanting them back.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Fri, May 2 2014 5:38 AM

Maggie - I can also add another border so you won't have to do them all.  You could send mine back to me and I'l finish it.  This RR didn't work out as well, but I may still do it again.  The first RR one I got made it all worthwhile.   

I guess the requirement that QATW has that you must be a member for 3 months sounds pretty reasonable and good now.  some swaps require you have participated in X number of swaps first.  didn't seem fair, as a newbie, but that requirement makes it  less likely to create situations like this.

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 13 of 14 (199 items) «Prev1011121314Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use