Group2 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:24 AM

AMEN to that!  I may not be on much right now, but know that I am thinking of you.

Kathy

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Kathy, I'm so glad you are still keeping up on our group. When are you moving?  I know you already had a lot of the packing done. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 1:49 PM

I know it is the thought, but when you do work on someone else's project I try really hard to make it as great as it can be. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Deb:

I know it is the thought, but when you do work on someone else's project I try really hard to make it as great as it can be. 

I agree. I am definitely more picky when working on a quilt that isn't mine. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 8:47 AM

well, lucked out when I went to LQS yesterday, she was having a 40% off sale on all batik FQs (which is what I was looking for).  so found some stuff that will work on the center I have - HAHA!  now you 're wondering what does she have? - just need to figure out all the logistics of the border I'm doing.  also had Christmas fabric at 25% off, min 1/2 yd cut so got some of that but doggoneit - I went off and forgot my $20 free card I had earned.  DRATS! now, I gotta go shopping again!!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:35 AM

Well, got inspired and almost half-way thru my border.  Still need to figure out a slight glitch on the sides.  Should be ready to mail by Thur to Deb.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Debbie:

DRATS! now, I gotta go shopping again!!!

Well, according to your post under Kathy's Quilt you did go shopping again. Hahaha. Sounds like you are starting to feel much better and recouping from your surgery!  Yeah. {{{Hugs}}}

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Sorry all, I've been offline most of the week but it gave me an opportunity to get the girl's Halloween costumes finished. 

Notice the are hanging on a dusty Nordic track. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:24 AM

Yes, I did go shopping but didn't get what I needed for one of the swaps so darn! need to go again.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Debbie, if shopping gets you up and moving (doctor approved) then shop till you drop!  😉

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 8:26 AM

Maggie - your DGDs' costumes are so cute!  anyways, I'm hopefully getting the center mailed out to Deb today.  just need to pick up an envelope and pop it in the mail.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 8:28 AM

Deb - the center should go out to you today, just need to ge to the PO.  also, sent you a PM with tracking info.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Bethany, did you get Deb's quilt top I sent to you. I sent it a while back but I think I forgot to post I mailed it. I am working on Debbie Deb's now. It is taking me a little longer than I thought but I figured you already have two for October so a little extra time won't matter. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 6:58 PM

Please forgive me I have not been on here much, work has gotten in my way. The 11 1/2 hours 2 days a week and 1 9 1/2 hour besides the 2 8 hours I come home sit down and fall asleep! Guess I have not fully recovered or I have gotten old.

I have been working hard on the first one, it took a good week and 3 quilt stores to find just the right colors to go with my idea. Hoping the owner likes it as much as my quilt group does.

I got the second quilt this last week another wonderful heart warming center followed by a couple of gorgeous borders... Now some more thoughts and maybe shopping..

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Deb, so great to hear from you. So sorry you are working so much. It's hard for those of us working to balance out work and fun. Glad you are enjoying the round robin. It can be pretty exciting. 😉

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 9 of 14 (199 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use