Posts 20
Points 330

Welcome to the group Deb.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

I spent the weekend on a Quilt Shop Quest Shop Hop.

Saturday my husband drove me to four Massachusetts shops and Sunday I picked up my Aunt (my Dad's sister) for the four New Hampshire shops.

I think is was just what we needed.  I got 8 free fat quarters and bought a panel for an advent calendar, a book and a specialty ruler.

And lots of inspiration!   I got some ideas for the border for Maggie's quilt.  Oh I hope I can do justice for her center.

~Bethany Jane 

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,041
Points 13,270

Bethany, that sounds like so much fun!  I'm sure whatever you decide will be wonderful.  That particular center is pretty open to fun and creativity. 😉  You go girl!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:49 PM

got my first border done on Kathy's center.  Deb, I will send it off next Wed, before I have my surgery.  won't be able to drive afterwards so hope you'll be ready for it.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,041
Points 13,270

Bethany, per your okay, Karens quilt top is in tge mail to you. Scheduled delivery is Friday 9/20. Sent you PM with tracking info. 😀

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 8:41 PM

I am ready willing and able. The sewing foot is getting itchy :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,041
Points 13,270

You gals are funny. So glad our group is moving right along. ☺

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,041
Points 13,270

Bethany, I received an email that they delivered Karen's quilt top to you at 9:59 am your time. LOL.  It got to you faster in Maine than it got last round to Nana in Virginia. Who can figure out the US postal service. Hahaha. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 5:16 AM

Bethany, I haae not received your journal and was wondering if you had mailed.  I have not done your border yet since I don't know what your vision is.  However, if you want to PM me your ideas that would be okay.

Ao Debbie, since I haven't finished the border it will probably be best if I hold off mailing it to you until youlet us know you are home from the hospital and feel like getting mail.  How does that sound to you?  You sure don't need any worry or stress before you go and I hope you are feeling fairly well and will be keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 7:59 AM

Hey, Deb , please accept my friend request.  Thanks, that's where I'll send you the tracking info on your next center.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 8:15 AM

Kathy:
Ao Debbie, since I haven't finished the border it will probably be best if I hold off mailing it to you until you let us know you are home from the hospital and feel like getting mail.  How does that sound to you?  You sure don't need any worry or stress before you go and I hope you are feeling fairly well and will be keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Kathy,  whenever you are ready to send is fine.  dr said I'll only be in hospital 2-3 nights, so early next week is fine. I like them up on the design wall so I can get ideas and sometimes that may take me a few weeks.  usually, once I get an idea it only takes me a couple of days to finish it, the idea germinating takes the longest time.  It will also give me incentive to get better, do what I'm suppose to do and get stronger.  I'll have a project and a date set to have it finished.  that will help immensely in my recovery.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,041
Points 13,270

Bethany, I hope things are okay. We haven't heard from you recently. According to USPS, Karen's quilt top arrived at your home on Friday. Please confirm you received it. I'm working on Deb's now and plan to have it in the mail by October 1.

Debbie, we will all be thinking of you this week as you have your back surgery. {{{hugs}}}

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Hi Maggie,

I am sorry I thought I replied when I got the top.  

I received Karen's top.  I have looked at it for ideas, but thought I better get the first one done first.

I made some good progress over the weekend and hope to finish it tonight.  Then I could start the second one next weekend.  

I didn't realize I would have to have both borders done by the 1st but I am going to push for a strong finish on Saturday.

Best regards,

Bethany

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:52 AM

Bethany, I agree with you, I didn't know we had to do 2 borders in one month.  With a move in process, I am lucky to get yours done by the end of the month.

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Hi Kathy,
Even though I have both centers now I won't send them to you together.  I will send the first as soon as it is done.

I will probably have my husband take it to the post office so it gets out sooner.

Best regards,

Bethany

Page 6 of 14 (199 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use