Group2 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 2:47 PM

Got an idea and started on Kathy's center.  Just have to figure out the corners. I'll have it done before my surgery witn no problem. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Well, it's nice when everything falls into place. I finished Karen's first border and I'm very happy with it. Bethany, I am ready to ship it off whenever you say it's ok. No rush. I'm just thrilled it came to me so quickly. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 12:28 PM

Bethany Jane, I received your center today.  I must say you do incredibly beautiful work!  I am going to look at it for a while and wait until I get your journal so I will have an idea of your vision of the finished quilt.  I have already picked one PERFECT fabric for it.

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Kathy, thanks for letting us know you received Bethany's center. That accounts for everyone in the whole RR having a center to work on except our newest member, Deb. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:26 PM

And I  just got the address to mail it to and will be doing so tomorrow (hopefully I can get there) or the following day. Hopefully I have followed the directions correctly and do not upset the apple cart! I am so looking forward to this new adventure of quilting. And maybe, just maybe I will finally keep one of my own. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Deb, great to see you on our chat group finally. We hope you are recuperating nicely. I will have a center in the mail to you by end of the week along with the new rotation schedule. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:22 PM

Mailed the center due to be delivered Saturday! On our way to some fun..

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 4:17 AM

Welcome to our group, Deb.  Hope you are fully recovered from your accident.  We should have lots of fun!

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Yahoo!  We are one lucky group. Hahaha. We will get 5 borders instead of 4. More room for creativity. 😉

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 445
Deb replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:40 PM

Thanks Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Oh, this has been a wonderful day!!!  I got home from work and I had two packages in my mailbox. One from Kathy and one from Deb. LOL  I opened the one from Kathy first. Oh my, beautiful butterfly fabric unfolded in my hands. I have a collection of butterfly fabrics so I was thrilled!!! 😊 And to top it off she sent a Little Wallet sewing card. I'm one lucky gal today. It felt like this was my special day. Thanks Kathy!!!

Now for Deb's package, our newest member. I open the package and spread out a beautiful 1930s center done by hand. Ooooh!!!  Deb, you are in luck. I worked on a quilt last RR that was 1930s. I have never been into 1930s fabrics but I thought if I'm going to buy the fabric I might as well buy extra (don't we all). I was wondering what I was going to do with all that 30s fabric and now I know how to use some of it. See girls, stock piling fabric can be a good thing. LOL. Now where did I put all that fabric?  Hmmmm. 😳

I have plenty to keep me busy this weekend. Top of the list is to compile the results of the survey and post on Sunday. While waiting for those results I will be cutting and sewing blocks for the mystery quilt 9. When I'm tired of that I will oogle and contemplate Deb's center. Then I will move on to sewing on the 16 raggedy flannel teddy bear quilts I'm making for Christmas. Lastly and pretty important to 4-yr old and 5-yr old are the halloween costumes Grandma Sunshine makes each year. We trade off years for ideas. One year the girls choose and Grandma Sunshine grudgingly complies. Luckily, this year is my choice. The girls won't know what they will be until I deliver the costumes in October.  Way too fun!!!  They are into Barbie Dolls right now but I collect Raggedy Ann and Andy memorabilia. So I will combine the two. They will be dressed like Raggedy Anns but in Barbie Doll boxes. On the side of the Barbie box it will say "I'm just a Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World."  I love coming up with this stuff. I've made all the costumes from scratch (including the Curious George mask) except the witches costumes. Grandma just couldn't get into the witches so I bought most ofthe costume. 

Grandma's choice: bumble bee (Mom was a bumble bee too), slice of lime (Dad was a bottle of Corona);  can't find the pics but rest assured they will turn up eventually. LOL

Mommy and Daddy's choice: little Bo Peep (mom was the sheep), Curious George (Dad was the man in the yellow hat);

Grandma's Choice: tropical fish

;

Girl's choice: witches (that was the girl's choice last year);

Grandma's choice this year: Raggedy Anns as Barbie Dolls. 

To be posted soon. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 5:03 AM

Thanks Maggie, and I love the costumes, particularly the tropical fish:)  Haven't seen any new lists for our group's mailing that include Deb, do we have one yet?

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,733
Points 66,615
Bonita replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 8:48 AM

Maggie, what fun looking costumes. They all look so cute. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Thanks Kathy and Bonita. Kathy, I will send the new mailing list this morning. 📩

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 8:05 PM

Maggie, great jobs on the costumes!  so cute.  I like the fish also.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 5 of 14 (199 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use