Group2 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Debbie, don't worry about the fabric. The new guidelines will take some getting used to.

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Bethany, i don't have the tracking number handy (buried in my purse) but my center should be to you Thursday. 

Look what i got Saturday!  I went for ribbon and came back with oriental fabrics. I don't have these colors in my oriental stash. Only the blues really appeal to me but it seems i always need colors outside my preferred pallet. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

OOOO and 
AAAAAHHH!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Bethany, did you get my center today?  My grandkids got their packages i mailed the same day. I forgot to check tracking today and the number is at work. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Hi Maggie,

I did not get it on Thursday.  Hopefully it will arrive today. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:24 AM

Alright, found some fabric for the border on Kathy's center.  now to decide what to do, have an idea but need to fine tune it.  

anyways, finally got news yesterday when my dr's office called and said the insurance co has approved my surgery.  So, Sep 26 at 9:30 am I'll be having back surgery.  

Dr will be making two incisions - one in the front, just to the side of my belly button, he'll go in to the ruptured disc, clean it out and then fuse a few of the discs together.  then he'll go in from the back and fix the stenosis area, where my spinal cord is being pinched on two sides of one vertebrae.  I'll be in the hospital 3-4 days and then recuperate at home for 6-8 weeks. I 'll have to wear this brace, goes around my middle, pretty much all the time.  dreading that part, not sure how I'll be able to sleep in it or if I have to.  got to remember to ask that.  

so, only 19 days till my back pain ends and recovery begins. He told me the recovery pain will be worse than it was from my cervical surgery but that one was very very minor.  most discomfort came from wearing the brace.  Please keep me in your prayers.  

anyways, got on here to say I need to get busy.  have 8 B/W star blocks to finish, 16 R/W heart blocks and this center.   think that's all I'm signed up for.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:52 AM

Debbie, my prayers are with you for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!  For goodness sake, don't stress over my center, just throw some strips around it and be done, you don't need to add to your problems.

I haven't even received a center yet so I am sure it will be weeks before you get another one from me.  I am just going thru the stash this morning trying to pick fabrics for the MQ9.  I think I have it but cannot find a background in my stash, I am not good at buying plain muted background fabrics for my stash.  I go for the wild and wonky and then wonder what the heck i am going to do with it.

Please take care of your self and know prayers will be flying your way!

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Debbie, so glad to hear you finally got a surgery date!  Be sure that we will all be praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Just think, some of those good pain meds might make for a few unusual creative moments. HAHAHA. That is how Fantasia was created, drugs. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Kathy, i have not received a center to work on either. I sent it to Bethany but it's taking its sweet time getting there. This is part of the reason we went back to the one month time frame for mailing. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Hi Maggie,

I got your center.  It is amazing!  I will have to think for a a day or two on what I want to do for you.

~Bethany Jane

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Debbie,

You are indeed a brave person.  I will keep you in my prayers.  And prayers for wisdom and skill for the doctor.   

~Bethany Jane

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

Hi Kathy,

I am sorry about the delay getting my center to you.  You will have it soon. 

~Bethany Jane

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:01 AM

Not to worry, we don't want to stress Debbie out by getting something to her too soon.  If we are a little behind schedule, so be it...ur health is always the most important thing, right up there with family!

I know I will enjoy working on it whenever I get it:)

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Thanks Bethany. I'm sure whatever fun you want to have with it will be great.

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Karen, I received your center in the mail today. It looks great. It's hanging on my design wall while I ponder what to do for the first border.  

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 4 of 14 (199 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use