rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:38 AM

Zsofia:
Kathy's block is on its way to you! She is going to have an eye surgery tomorrow so se sent it out early. I will PM the tracking to you.

Zsofia - hope Kathy's eye surgery went ok and everything is good.  Never got the tracking info and no pkg yet.

well, just saw Kathy's post after I sent this one. How are the eyes?  I'm going to need cataract surgery someday but my eyes aren't there yet!  I think they are incubating, not ripe just now.  LOL  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:45 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
We did not discuss any gifts as a group or any expense for extra postage. Gifts are not required.

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
I am not sending any additional fabric for my quilt top either. Since we didn't discuss it before hand, separate mailings for any additional items is best. 

OOps!  guess I should have sent the stuff but not posted.  Fellow Group 2 members, I sent something because I had them on hand and wanted to. I'm not expecting anything special from anyone.  sorry, I got the idea of extra material from my last group and thought it might be helpful plus I had it on hand.  Please don't think you have to do the same.    

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 1:37 PM

Debbie:

Zsofia:
Kathy's block is on its way to you! She is going to have an eye surgery tomorrow so se sent it out early. I will PM the tracking to you.

Zsofia - hope Kathy's eye surgery went ok and everything is good.  Never got the tracking info and no pkg yet.

well, just saw Kathy's post after I sent this one. How are the eyes?  I'm going to need cataract surgery someday but my eyes aren't there yet!  I think they are incubating, not ripe just now.  LOL  

sorry Debbie - sometimes my iPad doesn't cooperate with emails and PMs! Resent it to you!

Zsofia

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:12 PM

received Kathy's center yesterday and WOW!!  talk about nice and this will be challenging.  got some ideas percolating but nothing solid yet.   

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,595
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:16 PM

Debbie

If this is the Kathy from Florida she does amazing work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:49 PM

Nana:
If this is the Kathy from Florida she does amazing work.

Oh, Nana, she does! I've found some FQs I think will work but no idea what I'm going to do, yet.  glad we have awhile to get this border done, think I'll take the long weekend off and forget about it till next week.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:52 AM

Yes, this is Kathy from Florida, but it really isn't all that special.  Thanks for the kind words Debbie, just go with the flow and your guts, anything will be great!

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:57 AM

Cataract surgery was no problem, this one is.  Day 5 and my eyes are driving me nuts, I think I could dig them right out of my head from the itching.  They are red and purple and still swollen.  What they did was put gold weights in the eyelids and then shortened the bottom lids..both eyes.  Supposedly this will let my eyes close all the way and get rid of the severe dry eye conidtion and the infections..   I just hope my eye is not rejecting the gold.

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

I would be late for dinner every night if my LQS was on the way home. ;) 

I decided on the purples I had in my stash.  The block is almost done. I am a little worried about getting it in the mail tomorrow, but still hopeful.

I am very pleased with the idea in my head so I hope when it is finished it is half as spectacular.  If it is not I am going to work on this idea a little more until I get the look I want.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 330

This sounds rather complicated I pray that you begin to have progress soon.

Bethany 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,595
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:05 PM

Kathy

I was going to ask if you had ever had any problems with gold.  Like earring posts and things causing itching.   I would hate for you to be having a reaction to the gold.  Did the Dr give you any idea how long the swelling would be and if itching and burning was an issue.   You might want to check with the dr's office and see.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 2:49 PM

What would I do without my nurse Nana???  I have worn gold all my life with no problems but I did take your advice and I just called the doc.  He said this is normal (the swelling and itching) and is often worse than the surgery and I may have it for another 3 to 5 days.  So Mr. Benadryl and me are on a first name basis, followed closely by a nap:)  Funny, I was going to call you, but alas I don't have your number.  Maybe you could pm me with it or send it in a private message on FB.  I mean wouldn't you just love to have me crying on your shoulder????

BTW, is there any further word on Barbara?  I saw she was sent back to the hospital but never heard any more.  Boy, they should call this "Sick Bay" instead iof QCA..

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 3:00 PM

Barbara is home from the hospital resting. We've been promised that she will get online when she can and catch us up. Keep praying.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,595
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:12 PM

Kathy

I would love to exchange numbers...I will PM you with it.     All I have heard about Barbara is that she got home today.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

This has been a very busy week for me.  However, i did finish my block. I still have to do my journal and label but it wont get done today.  My DH is taking me (on the bike) to the Quilted Fox in St. Louis. It is the only shop around where you can get silk ribbon. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 3 of 14 (199 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use