Group1 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 162 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

I finally finished Melissa's center and it's on its way to California.  I sent her the tracking number via PM.

I posted the lovely quilt you ALL helped to make.  Take a look at the great job you did.  I love the paper pieced stars that Melissa did.  I can't believe this was the first time she paper pieced.  They are simply beautiful. I think Nikki's diamonds really complements the quilt.  Stars and diamonds remind me of the Beatles  song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".   I like her checkeboard corners.  Zsofia's flying geese complements the quilt well by matching the angular shape of the stars..  And her corner blocks are fantastic and it really ties in the border to the center.  KimSue's checkerboard border matches up with Nikki's checkered board corners and really makes KimSue's beautiful star corners pop.  What a great job KimSue did on paper piecing a very difficult star block.   Really love the colors that everyone chose.  Great job.   Thank you, thank you, thank you all for giving me a really beautiful quilt that I will treasure forever.

Lily

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Whoopee!!!! I can't wait to see it. I am so excited. 

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 6:38 PM

Oh so exciting! Can't wait to see all the quilts. KimSue I started to put the border on your quilt but didn't like it so I took it off and will do a different block. I know this will be perfect (I just saw it on the web yesterday and I knew right then I have to use that one)

Nikki I hope you are doing well and hope you are keeping warm. It is soo cold here I can't believe it. It was -9 F when I got up at 6 am.. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and it warmed up to 7 F. Not really used to this cold. I don't like it. But at least I had most of the day for sewing.

Lily I'm glad you love your quilt! I was glad you picked whit/blue for your colors. I love the traditional 2 color quilts. I did a red/white on the last RR.

Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Everyone - I am so happy. I'm doing the happy dance. I got my quilt top back. You all did such a fantastic job. You all have no idea what this means to me. I love each and every row that you all worked on. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I haven't taken a picture yet, but when I do, I will post it for all to see. Did I say THANK YOU!!!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Well Nikki, I sent your top off to you today. I sure hope you like it. I sent you the tracking number through PM. Be on the lookout for you package.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 10:06 AM

Hello all sorry for not posting but I can't get on the site anymore for some reason luckily Debbie posted yesterday and I could get in through the email link. But I can't go into any other group or read the other threads. I'm beyond frustrated! Anyways KimSue's top is going out on Monday!! Thanks for waiting ever so patiently­čśŐ.

zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi everyone - Just checking and was wondering of you got your quilt top back Nikki. I haven't heard anything from you so I sure hope you got it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 12:35 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I showed my center at our guild meeting.  They really really liked it!  Thank you everyone for doing just a wonderful job on it.  I know I will cherish it forever.

Lily

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

I got my quilt today and wanted to tell each one of you thank you for all your hard work.  I posted a picture of it in media.  Go check it out.  I was wondering if Melissa and Nikki posted pictures and I missed it?  Hope all of you are well.  Thank you so much. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I apologize. I have not downloaded my pictures of the quilt top yet. I've been a little out of sorts lately. Unfortunately, I have not heard from Nikki. I sent hers over 3 weeks ago. I hope she's OK. Kim Sue, I'm so glad you like your quilt top.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 7:07 PM

Nikki - where are you?? Didn't hear from you in months and as of today I did not receive my quilt top. I hope you are ok and please let me know what is going on!

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 1:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been busy with our Hawaii Quilt Show so I haven't been checking to see if anyone posted pics of their centers.  The Show is almost over so I thought I'd check RR4 page.   I only saw KimSue's and mine.  DId anyone else post pics?  Hope everyone is doing well.  I know it's been a tough winter.  I have a couple of charity quilts to finish and then I plan to finish the quilt you all help make.  Thank you again for doing such a wonderful job. 

Lily

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:35 PM

Lily - unfortunately I did not receive my top back and didn't hear from Nikki since the end of December. Melissa and Nikki should have their tops but did not post pictures...

Zsofia

• Post Points: 5
Page 11 of 11 (163 items) «Prev7891011
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use