rated by 0 users
This post has 162 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,325
Zsofia replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:18 PM

Nikki:
Group, Merry Christmas So sorry for my slowness...I understand you are all frustrated with me...Life handed me too many curveballs this year...between me getting serious ill, my ex passing away with my son as his only family member I had to pause to help deal with burying him and with that it made my grief only double this holiday season with the passing of my oldest son eight years ago. As requested by Zsofia I will be sending both quilts out with or without being finished. Sorry I feel as a failure in all aspects...I have bought material, but now I can't finish what I started, but I guess thats life. Nothing is open today, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Is that OK with you Zsofia????

Nikki sorry I didn't want to sound harsh but you still didn't send KimSue's quilt to me and I have to put the last border on it. On the 13th you posted it was ready to ship, then a week later you promised it will be mailed and it's still not. I'm frustrated because I have this week off from work  and could have work on the quilt. Life happens to all of us and I think I gave you time and been nice. I don't want you to feel like you are a failure! that was not my point with the PM I just tried to catch your attention. As for KimSue's quilt tomorrow is ok to be mailed out. For my quilt since you bought fabric for it than its up to you. If you think you can finish it than go for it.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 1:18 PM

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  My kids come home from college and there's alot of parties.  But it is also the most hectic time of the year for me.  All the relatives come over my house for Christmas lunch so I have to clean the house (or at least make it presentable, i.e.., hide my clutter somewhere.)  And it is a sad time for me because I remember the loved ones that are no longer with us to celebrate.  Anyhow, I was wondering if maybe, as a group, we can give each other the gift of time.  Maybe we can agree to a 1 week extension for the last border?  Just a thought....

Lily

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,325
Zsofia replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:58 PM

Yuriko:

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  My kids come home from college and there's alot of parties.  But it is also the most hectic time of the year for me.  All the relatives come over my house for Christmas lunch so I have to clean the house (or at least make it presentable, i.e.., hide my clutter somewhere.)  And it is a sad time for me because I remember the loved ones that are no longer with us to celebrate.  Anyhow, I was wondering if maybe, as a group, we can give each other the gift of time.  Maybe we can agree to a 1 week extension for the last border?  Just a thought....

Lily

This will be my last post on this topic.

Lily- Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I have family and friends visiting throughout the month of December. There are birthdays to celebrate and Christmas and new years eve to prepare for. I know everyone is busier than ever. When you signed up you had to consider things, there are stuff you can't forsee. As per our rules on the 1st of the month you were to send the finished quilt top to the next quilter. There have been small delays but by the 7th you had a quilt to look at/work on. At the beginning of Dec. we sent out the tops for the last border. I was supposed to receive KimSue's top from Nikki it's Dec.26th and it's still not in my hands. I think I have all the "right" to be upset. I sent her several PM's she decided to post on the group thread instead. I offered help throughout the RR she said she was fine I never suspected that something is going on with her life.

Sure we can agree for an extra week for the last border (I will definitely need that) I'm anxiously waiting for the top.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I'm OK with whatever everyone decides to do. I could use an extra week; however, I really do hope I get mine back this time.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

I understand grieving at this time of year.  My mother passed away New Year's 2006.  At least she got to see me give birth to my youngest before she passed.  I would love another week.  I am house sitting at my best friends farm until Tuesday and while I brought my machine there is simply too much to do.  I am anxious to get mine back though because a another friend just got a long arm and is going to let me have a spin when I get mine returned to me.  Melissa, I do hope you get your center.  I rather like it myself.  I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas.  Hubby got me some paint / dye so I can give making my own fabric a try.  Have a great day everyone. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

In between riding horses, gathering eggs and taking care of a brand new calf, I was able to get some sewing done.  I am finished with Lily's center.  I will send it on first thing Monday since I can't get to the post office before it closes and I have no access to a printer at the house I am watching.  I will send a tracking number via PM.  I hope you like it.  Happy New Year everyone! 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,325
Zsofia replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 1:00 PM

Nikki - THANKS!! KimSue's top was delivered this AM. It look good and I have an idea for the final border!

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

Happy day that my quilt arrived to you.  No rush, work on it when you can.  I sent Lily's to her today and sent her the tracking number by PM.  She should have it Thursday.  It is beautiful and I would have loved to have kept it! 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:06 AM

ohhhhhhh it's feels like Christmas again...I can't wait to see it.

I'm working feverishly on the last border for Melissa's center.  Hope to get it done in a day or two.

Early Happy New Year to you all.

Lily

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:36 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  and Merry Christmas to me!  I got my center back and it's absolutely gorgeous!  I just LOVE it!!!!  Every one of you did a fantastic job on design, color choice, and piecing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I want to show it off at my guild meeting for Show and Tell.  I think the women will love it too.  I'll post it as soon as I finish Melissa's center.  I decided to change the corners for my border for Melissa's center.  I ended up making up my own pattern but I think it's looks better than the original one.  I hope Melissa will like it.  I should be sending it off on Mon.  Sorry for the delay.

Lily

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,325
Zsofia replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 3:46 PM

Lily - I'm glad you got your top back and you like it! Please make sure you post a photo for everyone to see. And let us know what your guild members thought.

Today is my Birthday  so I didn't work on KimSue's center. I have most of the fabric cut up and ready to go. I think we will be off from school on Monday and Tuesday since they are forecasting some crazy cold days so I will get extra time to sew.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:15 PM

Happy Birthday ,Zsofia.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,325
Zsofia replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:29 PM

Bonita:

Happy Birthday ,Zsofia.

Thanks Bonita!

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:58 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZSOFIA!!!!

Hope it's a great one.

Lily

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 545
Nikki replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:07 PM
Zsofia, I hope you had a Happy Happy Birthday! I have all my border cut out for your center...now just the fun part of sewing all those pieces together and onto your center! I plan on finishing this week and having it in the mail no later than Friday. Tomorrow I have to go back to work...I have been off for almost 2 weeks now... I am thankful to be going back!
K. Nikki Wells, Idaho Falls, ID
Page 10 of 11 (163 items) «Prev7891011Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use