Group1 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 162 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,340
Zsofia replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 6:11 AM

Hope everyone is doing well. We are having such a nice "Indian summer" these days. Bright blue sky lots of sunshine and nice cool air. So I didn't sew for a few days now. Spent my time outdoors because the rainy gloomy weather is just around the corner. 

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I got Kim Sue's center and love it so far. I'm already working on it. This round spoke to me quicker than any other round I've done. This is my second round robin and I struggle with most of them but this one really spoke loudly to me.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,340
Zsofia replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:00 PM

Melissa Halpain:

I got Kim Sue's center and love it so far. I'm already working on it. This round spoke to me quicker than any other round I've done. This is my second round robin and I struggle with most of them but this one really spoke loudly to me.

Melissa - I'm glad you are enjoying this RR. I have your center and I have to say it is very pretty and I have 2 ideas to try next week and hopefully make a decision too.

I had a busy weekend but squeezed in some sewing.

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 1:53 PM

Hi Zsofia,

I've got your center and it's so beautiful.  I think I found the border design I want to use.  I was trying out a different design but it just didn't look right.  I had to learn a new technique for the design I'm using now.  This RR is great because I't making me think more creative for borders. 

Lily

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I just finished KimSue's center. I will wait till closer to the 1st to send it though. I sure hope you like what I did Kim Sue.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

Melissa Halpain:

I just finished KimSue's center. I will wait till closer to the 1st to send it though. I sure hope you like what I did Kim Sue.

I am sure I will love it.  I have Nikki's center and I am finished as well.  Needs a good iron but I am done too.  We are halfway through!

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,340
Zsofia replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:58 AM

Yuriko:

Hi Zsofia,

I've got your center and it's so beautiful.  I think I found the border design I want to use.  I was trying out a different design but it just didn't look right.  I had to learn a new technique for the design I'm using now.  This RR is great because I't making me think more creative for borders. 

Lily

Lily - I'm glad you like the center I made and the border KimSue put on it! Can't wait to see what all of you added to my block. It is great you learned a new technique! RR's are great for learning and creativity. Have fun with it.

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,340
Zsofia replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:02 AM

Melissa and KimSue - you guys are fast! I have the border picked out for Melissa's block will start to work on it this weekend. It's supposed to rainy and cold so this will be the perfect weekend to sit in my room and sew.

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 1:47 AM

Just finished putting on the border for Zsofia's center.  Will wait until the end of the month to send it out.  I can't wait to see the  next one.  But for now I've got to figure out a border for MQ9.

Lily

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,340
Zsofia replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 8:13 PM

Hello - just checking in. I have been busy finishing up a few UFOs and working on Melissa's border. I'm hoping all of you are well. I'm enjoying the last days of nice fall weather by the end of this week it supposed to cool done and perhaps I will see a few snowflakes too... brrr not looking forward to the cold and dark days but that will give me more sewing time...

Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Hi Zsofia and all of group 1 - I'm still here. I can't believe I finished so early. For some reason KimSue's center just came to me so quickly. I sure hope she likes it.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 545
Nikki replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 3:36 AM
Hello ladies! I am just checking in. Lots of things have been happening this month. I almost got put on Furlough, that would have so NOT been a good thing, but thankfully that did not happen. Friends and family have been sick and I have been helping out. Not much quilting, sad to say. I have had a couple ideas for this center and they seem to be falling into place. It is such a lovely center too! So many ideas! My son was so happy to see it, but was not impressed when he found out that it was not for him. Funny to see an 18 year old throw a tantrum! HaHa! Hope your weekend is great! Happy Sewing :)
K. Nikki Wells, Idaho Falls, ID
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 2:33 AM

Happy Halloween (Eve) to Group 1 members!

Hi Melissa,

Just printed out the label and will be mailing the next center to you tomorrow.  I sent the tracking number via PM.  I'm glad I didn't mail it earlier.  While I was ironing it, I noticed a boo boo.  Lucikily it was easily fixable.

Lily

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

Hello everyone!  I went out of town for four days and there was no chit chat while I was gone.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Nikki's center is on its way, in the mail today.  Lily, I will pm you the tracking number.  Have a safe and happy holiday.  I am going to church tonight.   

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:32 PM

KimSue,

Got your PM.  Thanks.  I'm looking forward to seeing Nikki's center and the borders you and Zsofia put on.  Got a few books on borders to help give me with ideas.  Boy, this RR has made me really rethink borders.  I'll think twice before putting a plain border.  Enjoy chuck tonight.

Lily

Page 7 of 11 (163 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use