Group1 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 162 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 4:15 PM

Lily - I deleted your pos. Please never post personal info (address, phone) on these threads. This is a public site! Please send a personal mail (PM) to do so click on the person you want to message then click 'start conversation'. Thanks a lot!

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 6:21 PM

Zsofia,

Thanks for catching that.  I'm very new to threads, PM, etc. 

I'll send a PM to Melissa with the tracking # .

thanks again.

Lily

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:04 PM

Lily - no problem! That's why Maggie and I are 'monitoring' the group. 

Zsofia

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 545
Nikki replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 12:27 AM
Happy that my weekend is here! I will have a relaxing weekend...four days off...don't know what to do with myself...I know, dumb statement...I am going to finish a quilt that has taken the back corner :) I got my center in the mail tonight finally! Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)
K. Nikki Wells, Idaho Falls, ID
  • Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:01 PM

Nikki:
Happy that my weekend is here! I will have a relaxing weekend...four days off...don't know what to do with myself...I know, dumb statement...I am going to finish a quilt that has taken the back corner :) I got my center in the mail tonight finally! Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)

Nikki - enjoy your weekend! I know how you feel. I work as a teachers aid and had the summer off (no complaint there) but it was hard at first to figure out what to do. Now I'm back and super tired after the first week. I have to find the right balance between work/kids/activities and of course sewing. Can't wait to see your center I'm so ready for this Round Robin!!

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

No worries, Lily.  I did posted a tracking number once on the forum when I was brand new too!  Just wanted to let you know I arrived safely in Williamsburg after three days in the car with four kids.  Hope I can keep in touch with everyone.  You might not see me for two weeks but don't be concerned.  Talk to you guys soon. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I have to apologize to all you ladies of Group 1. Especially Nikki. I lost a day this week somewhere. I was thinking I have another day to ship my center to Nikki when I realized it is already Saturday and the post office is closed on Monday. Our post office closes at noon and I didn't make it there in time. I am so so sorry. Tuesday will be the earliest I can send my center off. My only reasoning for making such a huge mistake is that I am blond. It may be covering my gray, but I am still blond. Of course I amso a dork. Again, I am sorry about missing the ship by date. I will be sure to get it in the mail on Tuesday and send Nikki a tracking number. So sorry.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Woo Hoo ! I got Lily's center today. It is so dreamy. I couldn't think of any other word to use for it. I just love it. I'm so looking forward to getting started on it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Nikki, I sent my center to you today. You should be getting it on Saturday. I sent you a PM without the tracking number, I just now remembered that I forgot to put it on the message. I will send you another one with the tracking number.

Also, Lily, I think your journal is wonderful also. You did a great job. By the way, do you mind if I put some freezer paper on the back of your label? It does not damage the fabric or leave a residue on the fabric. It just makes it so much easier to write on the label with it. Once you get it back, just peel off the freezer paper and your label is as good as new. I use it all the time and have never had a problem with the fabric. Just let me know how you feel about it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:56 PM

Hi Melissa,

Putting freezer paper on the label is a great idea.  Glad you like my center.

Lily

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Melissa, what a great thing to share regarding freezer paper on the backside of the label. I put a light weight iron on stabilizer because I didn't think of freezer paper. Thanks for the tip!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Melissa, forgot to mention you were not late. The mail date is the first of each month. If that date falls on a Sunday or Holiday the official mail date deadline is the next working day that the post office is open. That would be today! And here you thought you were late. LOL 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Yuriko:

Hi Melissa,

Putting freezer paper on the label is a great idea.  Glad you like my center.

Lily

Lily and Maggie, I found some iron on paper for labels at a quilt shopand it was 5 sheets 8 1/2" X 11" for about $9.  You can buy 25 feet of freezer paper (which is the same exact thing) for about $5. It's always so funny when quilt shops sell things for so much money when you can get the same thing for next to nothing at Walmart or a grocery store.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:46 PM

Hello group 1. Just checking in. I hope work will get a little smoother soon. We just got a new principal before the year started so there have been lots of changes in our daily routin. 

Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Well, I am thinking and thinking on Lily's center. It s so pretty, I don't want to mess it up. Wait til you all see it.  am working on my EQ7 to come up with a border that will really work with the center and enhance it. I sure hope  can do it justice.

Page 3 of 11 (163 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use