Group1 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 162 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 12:20 PM

Hi,

No allergeries.  Got no animals and no smokers in the house.  Still working on my center....

Lily

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,320
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 2:05 PM

Nikki:
Hello everyone! Sorry Zsofia that it took this long to say hello! i work 13 hour days and I finally get a day off :)

Yay Nikki - sorry I didn't want to be to neggy I just wanted to make sure you got the addresses (you will send to me) and I didn't have a typo in your address. Enjoy your day off! And make sure you check back with us in a few days if you can. 

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,320
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 2:12 PM

Now thinking if it my boys have 2 gerbils. They live in my boys room.... I'm glad we talked this over. 

Remember you still have a week to get your center done.

Zsofia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 545
Nikki replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 4:40 PM
Yes you got my address correct. So, since this is my first RR...I just want to clarify what all I need to send with my center. Do I start the journal at what I expect? or what I did? This part confuses me a little.
K. Nikki Wells, Idaho Falls, ID
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,320
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 5:13 PM

Nikki - in the journal you can talk about yourself a bit and about your block. And what you want the other quilters to do with your center. What colors they should use (if you want them to stay away a color you have to wright it down).  Like in the past RR I made a red/white mariners compass and asked my team to stay with the red/white through out the quilt. Your journal doesn't have to be long or formal you can just staple a few pages together. It's just a little information to which direction should we go modern or traditional, use dark colors or pastels, should we use appliqué and so on. Since we didn't post the centers this time it will be a surprise and challenge to figure out the border. I hope it helps. If you have more questions just keep asking:)! We are here to help and to have fun!!!!

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

I was up at 3 a.m and I couldn't sleep.  I reread the guidelines again.  They have been changed since I saw them last.  I sent a yard of fabric with my center.  Do you guys want me to send a few dollars postage or a little gift or something? I could probably find something great on my vacation for you guys, if you want.  Sorry for not reading that sooner. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

KimSue Frick:

I was up at 3 a.m and I couldn't sleep.  I reread the guidelines again.  They have been changed since I saw them last.  I sent a yard of fabric with my center.  Do you guys want me to send a few dollars postage or a little gift or something? I could probably find something great on my vacation for you guys, if you want.  Sorry for not reading that sooner. 

I've been up since 4. I couldn't sleep either. I don't mind pay a little extra. After all it is for our quilt tops as a group. Do you want that fabric included in your borders that we add?

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

Yes, please.  I am a little obsessed with that fabric.  I bought a yard in ten shades years ago.  This will be the fourth quilt using it.  I used eight in a Lady of the Lake queen size quilt.  Another as a focus fabric for a sampler quilt.   I cut the leftovers into 2 1/2 inch strips and made a jelly roll quilt.  I hope that you can add a little to your border, then it can go with the collection! 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,320
Zsofia replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:42 AM

KimSue Frick:

KimSue - since we send in a flat rate envelops the price doesn't change!( You don't have to send money or gifts are up to you.) Your yard of fabric should be fine traveling with your center

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,320
Zsofia replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:45 AM

KimSue Frick:

Yes, please.  I am a little obsessed with that fabric.  I bought a yard in ten shades years ago.  This will be the fourth quilt using it.  I used eight in a Lady of the Lake queen size quilt.  Another as a focus fabric for a sampler quilt.   I cut the leftovers into 2 1/2 inch strips and made a jelly roll quilt.  I hope that you can add a little to your border, then it can go with the collection! 

I hope you stated in your journal to use that fabric in the borders as well, and hope I will have a piece to use too :) Or can you tell me which fabric is that? Just curious.

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

I used the light and dark of the blue, purple, green and red in the Lady of the Lake and jelly roll.  The bright blue in the sampler quilt and I sent you guys the bright green.  I also made mother and daughter dresses in the light blue.  Told you I love this fabric.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:25 PM

Aloha Everyone,

I got KimSue's center yesterday and it's BEAUTIFUL!  I'm glad I got it before I sent mine because her package had some good ideas for a newbie like me.  Thought I'd share some with you.  KimSue made a journal book by stitching 8X11 1/2 pages together.  The first page was devoted to her medaliion (center) where she clearly stated her vision and her wish that we use a piece of the extra fabric in each border.  The rest of journal had a page marked for each border. She included a label with her name and Round Robin 2013.  Everything was included in a zippered plastic case (like the kind used for sheets).

Lily

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,320
Zsofia replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 5:49 PM

KimSue Frick:

I used the light and dark of the blue, purple, green and red in the Lady of the Lake and jelly roll.  The bright blue in the sampler quilt and I sent you guys the bright green.  I also made mother and daughter dresses in the light blue.  Told you I love this fabric.

KimSue - this fabric is very pretty. Can you tell me who is the maker?

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

All that is on the selvage is Peter Pan Fabrics and the color dots.  No collection name or serial number.  I bought these years ago but have found them at JoAnn's fabric from time to time.  I would love to find the light blue again.  My daughter has grown out of her dress.  She could use mine (ahem, I have grown a little too!) and I would make a new one for me.  Any idea on what to do with the 6 X 40 inches or so that I have left of the eight?  I was just thinking of keeping them around for repairs.  I can't quite cut them up, it's all I have now. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Just checking in. I had to go to my LQS (which isn't very local) today to pick up one more fabric for my center. I will be mailing it (hopefully) at the end of the week. I'm so excited. I can't to get started. I have a EQ7 program now, so hopefully it will be a little easier to come up with a design and easier to measure the correct sizes for the borders I'm doing. I had so much trouble with the size of blocks for the borders last time. My husband helped me with the measurement because assembling a quilt is a lot like construction measuring. If the measurements aren't correct, the next piece won't fit.  So, so excited.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 2 of 11 (163 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use