Group1 Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 162 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia Posted: Wed, Aug 21 2013 3:34 PM

Members of group1 please use this thread to connect and to get to know each other.

• Post Points: 140
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

Hey everyone, nice to meet you.  I spend all my time homeschooling my four beautiful kids (16, 15, 12 and 8) and quilting.  I really enjoy both.  I just had a birthday on the 19th and turned 36 so I bet I am the youngest one here.  I always am.  I think I am about the only person that doesn't dye the gray out of my hair in my quilt guild!  I have quilted for 18 years now even though I've detoured into scrapbooking, jewelry making and knitting.  I was thinking about sending a yard of fabric with my center but since I am sending to Hawaii, I will scrap that.  I will use it as my binding instead.  I can't wait to get started and meet some new people.  Onto the next adventure! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Hi KimSue. I am also in group 1. I sent you a friend request. Just in case. Even though we have our own discussion thread, I thought it might be nice also.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,280
Yuriko replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

Really looking forward to the RR.  This is going to be a challenge for me since I'm not used to make interesting borders.  But I'm willing to try and I've got time to learn since I'm retired.  BTW - postage to Hawaii is the same as the rest of the US but it does take an extra day to get here.

Still working on my center.  Got an idea but not sure if I like the colors (brown, black, white, and green). 

Lily

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:41 AM

Hello KimSue, Melissa and Lily good to see you here! I'm really looking forward to this round! and hope everything goes smooth this time:). I hope Nikki will find her way here as well and be an active member to our group. 

Happy belated Birthday KimSue! I hope you had a great day. But I have to say I'm younger than you I'm 34 ;)

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

My husband got me a quilt on Ebay.  My MIL paid for one of my huge quilts to be quilted.  My neighbor gave me a chest freezer.  My best friend made me a fabulous lunch of organic grass fed beef from her private stock of cows.  And someone from our church gave us water park tickets so we went on my birthday. I got two cards in the mail.  It was an awesome birthday.  Last year I bought myself a present and the only one that sent a card was my dentist!

It was also a day to celebrate my eldest son.  He had brain surgery 18 months ago and stopped medication six months ago.  He has been seizure free this entire time.  I can say that he has been healed now.  It is amazing how much his quality of life has changed.  He was having three seizures a day before and could barely function. 

My husband and SIL are having birthdays on the 31st, right in the beginning of our family reunion.  I will try to keep in touch while I am away in Virginia.  I am glad we have a month to do the beginning borders.  I can't wait to get my center and get started.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

KimSue and Zsofia - you are just babies. I have a daughter older. heehee It's so fun to have such a wide variety of people here. It sure keeps me young too. LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

My life is crazy with vacation plans and I was in town today because I had the car so I sent my center on.  A little early, I know, please forgive me.  I sent the tracking number by pm to Lily. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:41 PM

Melissa Halpain:

KimSue and Zsofia - you are just babies. I have a daughter older. heehee It's so fun to have such a wide variety of people here. It sure keeps me young too. LOL

Melissa - that's to 'funny'. As a quilter many people 'label me' as an 'old lady'...LOL

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:42 PM

KimSue Frick:

My life is crazy with vacation plans and I was in town today because I had the car so I sent my center on.  A little early, I know, please forgive me.  I sent the tracking number by pm to Lily. 

KimSue - have a relaxing vacation. I sent you PM!

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 7:50 AM

Hello Ladies - its been pretty quiet here. I know KimSue is getting ready for a vacation but I still didn't hear from Nikki. I hope she checked the group info and ready to go. We are 1 week away from sending the centers for the 1st border. How exciting is that!!! One thing I forgot to ask at sign up is I any of you have any allergies? I don't and we are a pet free and smoke free household. Let us know if you have allergies!

Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Hi Zsofia - good question. I love cats very much but I'm emergency room allergic to them. I really have no worries about as all the swaps I've been in, I've never really noticed anything. I've never really seen any over the top that would bother me. 

I'm working diligently on my center but ran out of fabric that I like with what I've done so far. I can't wait to get started.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 545
Nikki replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 11:52 AM
Hello everyone! Sorry Zsofia that it took this long to say hello! i work 13 hour days and I finally get a day off :)
K. Nikki Wells, Idaho Falls, ID
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

FYI, I have a hound dog.  Not much hair at all.  He only seems to want to come in to eat otherwise he is outside prowling the acreage.  Just wanted to let you know. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 545
Nikki replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 11:56 AM
I have gotten my middle done too. But I don't know...Why is it that we second guess ourselves? haha
K. Nikki Wells, Idaho Falls, ID
Page 1 of 11 (163 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use