aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:11 AM

For anyone who might be interested.

There is a free video on "Easy Foundation Piecing" on QNNtv.com. Eileen Fowler demonstrates making the Whoopsy Daisy, block #417 from QM 100 blocks, v. 5.

I watched it and this is the way I learned to do it. Learned yearsss ago in a class I took at a quilt shop. We didn't use the freezer paper or the big ruler, we cut fabric large enough to cover the pattern part we were working on. But everything else is the same.

Anyway, it's a very good video.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Thanks, I think I'll take a peak. I hope others do too. Paper piecing does not come easy to me so I need to refresh myself every time i want to paper piece something. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Okay, this is hump day. Everyone is so quiet. You must be very busy sewing or exhausted from sewing.  I'm exhausted just pondering sewing. But never a dull moment. I've got so many projects started that when I get tired of one i bounce to another and another and another....  LOL. Hope everyone is having a great week. 

Four mature women on their way to a guild meeting - the driver looked calm and colleted, but the three passengers had a panicky look in their eyes and appeared to have been thru a stressful time. A cop stopped them and gave the driver a warning ticket for going too slow for the speed of traffic. The driver said, "But officer, the sign right there says it's 20 miles per hour on this stretch of road." "No ma'm the officer replied, that sign says it's Highway 20....the speed limit is 55."

"Oh", the driver replied, "I'll be more careful in the future."

"By the way, ma'm, why do the other three ladies look so stressed out? Has there been a problem?"

"Well", the driver said, "I guess it's because we just turned off of Route 120. They'll be all right by the time we get to our meeting."

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:12 PM

maggie, you are a caution. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

I ran across this site that discusses machine tension. Since that issue was brought up more than once during the survey, I thought I would post the link. Even those members who weren't having this issue should glance at it. I seem to forget more than I retain 

http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4302/understanding-thread-tension

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 5:04 PM

Thank you for this website.  I've spent all morning adjusting my tension because I was using 2 different colors of thread for the top and bottom, both by the same manufacturer and the same weight.  I've increased and I've decreased the tension on the top thread, but I never had an inkling of how to adjust the bobbin thread.  I don't know if I'll be able to solve my problem, but it's nice to know that maybe I can do it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Karla, I hope it helps. That tension can be a tricky matter sometimes. I adjusted my tension on tge okd original Bernina830 just fine. I kept one bobbin case set at factory specks and purchased anotger to tinker with. The new electronic machines are easier toadjust and if you screw it up you just push a button that resets everything to defaults. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 80
Points 1,230
Yuriko replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 9:22 PM

Maggie,

Thanks for the website.  I often have problems with my tension too.

Lily

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Lily, I noticed you have finished your first border and moving on to another project. You go girl!!!  Hahaha. Behind?  I thought that was a normal state of being for quilters. 😊

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Just a reminder, you have 6 more days to finish the first border and pass to the next person. Good luck. If anyone is having difficulty, please contact me or Zsofia. We are here to help you with a successful RR. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 635
Points 16,195
Zsofia replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 8:21 PM

Thanks for the reminder Maggie!! I hope all of you are ready for the next send off.

Zsofia

Page 5 of 5 (74 items) Prev12345
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use