rated by 0 users
This post has 73 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:27 AM

Per Barbara's request.

When you insure something being sent by mail you have to be able to show receipts for whatever is being insured if you should need to file a claim.   I know that I don't have receipts for the fabrics I use in a Round Robin.   I am thinking that most of us wouldn't have receipts.   Due to this I quit insuring my packages and just put tracking numbers on them so that I could follow where they are.    The person I spoke with at the post office said that it was almost impossible to get a claim thru if a package is lost and that tracking is the best way to keep up with a package.

Of course you all can do what ever you like.  Just thought I would give the info for those that might be interested.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:41 AM

Thanks Nana .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:56 AM

Thanks, Nana!  I wasn't aware that you had to provide receipts.  Of course, I wouldn't have a problem coming up with $200 in fabric receipts.  I do put a tracking number on everything I send.  Maybe I'll just do away with the insurance and save myself a couple dollars--spend it on a new fat quarter instead.  lol!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 1:39 PM

Thanks Nana for posting about the insurance. I didn't know that's how it worked.

Zsofia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 5:09 PM

Having retired from the post office, I know all about this, but I don't believe you have to have receipts if it's just the minimal $50 that the USPS provides now with their priority packages.  It is automatic and it doesn't cost anything additional which is why putting Delivery Confirmation on the piece is the way to go.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Ok Gals, Nana is stepping in for Barbara. Unfortunately, Barbara has a severe infection after her open heart surgery on August 2 and is back in the hospital and very ill. Nana can still "lurk" but she is officially part of group 5. Our well wishes go out to Barbara for a speedy recovery!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 9:12 PM

Ah shucks.   And I had thought I would get to be a lurker thru this entire journey.   All kidding aside I don't mind at all stepping in and filling Barbara's spot.   I am so sorry that she is unable to do it herself.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 9:49 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Barbara's setback. My prayers are with her. Nana, so glad you're here.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Reminder:  it's supposed to be a surprise at the very end so no posting center pictures or borders until the completed top goes back home.  Let the creativity work it's way through the process. Have fun!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 1:13 PM

Debbie (Dear)

Just read about you needing catarac surgery  in the future. I had it a few months ago. First one eye and weeks later the second. I chose the crystalens instead of the regular ones. It's more expensive but worth it. I now don't have to wear glasses, except cheaters when I read very small medicine bottles. Not to sew or read or drive, etc. My close vision is about 20/20 but my far vision is not quite as good. I'm still doing eye exercises by doing word search puzzles with the letters getting smaller and smaller, and focusing away every now and then. It takes getting used to.

I've heard that when someone loses an appendage that they still feel the (ghost) of it. The same way with glasses. I can still feel them on my face and sometimes catch myself reaching to adjust them. My next eye visit is in about 2 weeks to see how I'm doing.

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:07 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Reminder:  it's supposed to be a surprise at the very end so no posting center pictures or borders until the completed top goes back home.  Let the creativity work it's way through the process. Have fun!

Maggie - thanks for posting this! Oh and one more thing if you attach a file (photo or text) to a PM the attachment will post as your daily activity and could be viewed by others. So if you need help and want to send a picture please ask for a personal email.

Zsofia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 4:24 PM

Zsofia,

I sent you a PM.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:16 PM

Linda:

Zsofia,

I sent you a PM.

Linda- I sent a PM back at you.

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Hey Zsofia and Linda, I want to play. You're it,  LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:09 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hey Zsofia and Linda, I want to play. You're it,  LOL

Oh Maggie - you are too funny! Of course you can play ;) 

Zsofia

Page 4 of 5 (74 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use