This post has 73 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 4:15 PM

Linda:

Zsofia,

Just wondering. Didn't you say there were 25 on the list and told someone else they were on a waiting list. Just trying to get things straight. The more the merrier.

Linda I contacted to the person who said sign her up to the waiting list but didn't hear from her yet. When she signed up we had 25 but then someone dropped out and the other person did not answer my PM. So if there is no answer I will have to give their spots to someone else who is here and communicating.

Zsifia

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 5:53 PM

Hi Bonita,

This is my RR and I'm struggling with what to do for the center.  I noticed that you said that with a 20 inch center, the quilt came back huge.  About what size is huge?  King size?  Also, any tips  for thte center? 

Thanks,

Lily

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:15 PM

Hi Lily, I guess huge is in the eye of the beholder. I have a full size bed and both quilts hang way over the side. So I'm guessing more of a queen size. A lot depends on how big each person goes with the border they add to it. You can always add your own border after you get it back to make it as big as you like.

For your center just pick a color or pattern you like and turn the other ladies loose on it. You will be surprised with the finished quilt. And you will love it. Go check out the media in the RR group and you can get some ideas there. Good luck with your first RR.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,605
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:13 PM

I figured out what design to do today for the RR. Now to just get it done!

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 9:16 PM

Lily - I made a 20" block for the previous RR it turned out 64" square. My other center was bigger and the top is huge. I mean it reaches the floor on both sides when I put it on our queen bed. For ideas on centers do you have a favorite block? I love the New York beauty and mariner's compass block. But you can use appliqué or a simple block for center. Google medallion quilts or round robin quilts to see some ideas or visit our media section. I hope this helps.

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 9:18 PM

Roxana:

I figured out what design to do today for the RR. Now to just get it done!

Roxana- good for you! I'm still going back and forth between 3 designs.  But time is ticking. I hope I will have it done by the weekend.

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:03 PM

Bonita and Zsofia,

Thanks for the great advice.  Looking foward to the RR. 

Lily

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,605
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:44 PM

I just looked through the Media section. Now I feel out of place. You gals have done some fantastic work. I can see where each month will bring a new challenge! I'm ready! (Just as soon as I finish my block!)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,459
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:34 AM

Susie did you get your quilt back , I just hoped to see the finished top . I haven't seen it did you post a picture and I missed it.?  BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,459
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:35 AM

Gini,  I'm thrilled to see that you are joining us this time.    what  fun.. BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 8:43 AM

Barbara:

Susie did you get your quilt back , I just hoped to see the finished top . I haven't seen it did you post a picture and I missed it.?  BArbara

I did...and my son LOVES it!  I have decided that I am going to ask my friend to do the LA quilting on it.  I know it's going to cost me, but it's so beautiful and I'm not comfortable enough with her LA machine to feel like I can do it justice.  Now...what to do for the backing...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 38,285
Linda replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 1:46 PM

Zsofia:

Linda:

I don't think I'm signed up for this round robin but I'd like to do it again. I'm a gluten for punishment. I just signed up for a row robin but it doesn't start till Jan.  But I have less than 2 weeks to get a 20" center. OK I can do that......I hope.

Ok. Linda you are in! Please PM me your info! 

Thanks Zsofia

Is it a problem if my center is 24"?  Since I don't have much time I picked the center from a QOV quilt. I can get it made up and ready to send by  Sept. 1.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 740

FYI, I am going on vacation from August 27th to September 13th.  So I will need to send my center a little earlier and I won't be able to let you know when I first receive the new center.  But I am still going to participate and I can't wait to get started.  Please pray for me, it is a family reunion and I have to spend a week with my mother in law! 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:35 PM

Linda:

Is it a problem if my center is 24"?  Since I don't have much time I picked the center from a QOV quilt. I can get it made up and ready to send by  Sept. 1.

Linda,

If you're allowed to use the 24" center and don't want a huge quilt, just ask for your team to use smaller borders. My center will finish 17", but since I want a quilt for my table I'll ask for a limit on the border sizes in my journal that I send along.  Just a suggestion.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:08 PM

Linda:

Zsofia:

Linda:

I don't think I'm signed up for this round robin but I'd like to do it again. I'm a gluten for punishment. I just signed up for a row robin but it doesn't start till Jan.  But I have less than 2 weeks to get a 20" center. OK I can do that......I hope.

Ok. Linda you are in! Please PM me your info! 

Thanks Zsofia

Linda - to be fair I'd like to ask you to stay with a center no bigger than 20". We made the changes so you can work on the borders better (I had a hard time laying the quilts out and see what kind of border I wanted to add. And some used a lot more fabric than I expected and shipping was more expensive too). So please make sure your block is within the measurements as stated in the rules. Thanks for understanding.

Zsofia

Page 2 of 5 (74 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use