This is the day!! Robin is started!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Posted: Wed, Feb 1 2012 9:55 AM

Ok guys! This is our official start date.  Welcome to all!! I will be sending you your group info today by private message from this forum. When you finish your block you send it to the person who's name is under you. So each one of you is Quilter number one!  Does everyone get the rules and the idea of the Robin?  Everyone of you will receive a quilt at the end of the rounds. Please enclose a small note book of your Bio, and your likes and dislikes for your quilt. You can also enclose little gifts for the your group members if you like.  Have enough pages for all to write about themselves, and what they did to your block. You can also enclose a quilt label if you wish, everyone can sign it. Ok feel free to suggest anything else, ask questions. And please check in frequently to let everyone know your progress. Or just to chat!!  No hints though. It is all a surprise!!!    Ok, time to create that center block!!  

• Post Points: 5
replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:04 AM

First question? We have 13 members. I want to have three groups of 5. I will volunteer to do 2 blocks. So I will be on 2 teams. Is there any one of you that want to do two blocks. Make sure you will have the time for this. First one to volunteer gets the slot.. Just reply to this post ASAP please....I will give it a few hours.   Thanks

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:32 AM

Candis ,I will do 2 teams , it will be fun,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:56 AM

Ok Barbara, your on!   Thank you!   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:04 PM

Thanks Candis ,Now I just have to figure out what to make and go get started  LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 1:44 PM

I just sent every one their group info. I sent it to the message system here on the board. Please let me know if there are any questions at all.  If you didnt receive anything I need to know that too.  I am off to sew, but I check this board frequently . Thanks to you all!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:51 PM

Candis ,thanks I got it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 12:02 PM

Hi Ya'll ! Lisa asked a good question. Can the block be bigger than 18 inch. Yes it can. It is your block. she wanted to put the block on point and frame it. So just saying, if you want to , go ahead.. I just set some,( in general) guidlines for the center. block we can edit.  If you all have further questions or suggestions, please feel free to post to the group. It is a democracy after all....As long as the Center block is a whopping 32 inches or so. That would be alot of border action!! Ok guys start posting!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 12:34 PM

Candis thank for the info ,I had to wondered if we could have a bigger center . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:29 PM

Group 2, I have my center block finished and hopefully will get it in the mail tomorrow, ,so Lori it is coming your way , It is different so I hope you will not have any problems with it .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,905
Can't wait! Lori

Lori

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 1,510

Patricia,

I sent my block out to you today, you should get it in a couple days!

Bobbie

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 880
Points 16,355

Can't wait to get it!  I'll let you know when I receive it.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,905

Barbara,

I received your center today!! I will get to work on it as soon as I finish a little appliqué on my center and send it off!  Beautiful center!

Lori

Lori

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:20 PM

Patricia,I got your block in the mail today ,Nice job on the PP ,Ialready have my contribution finished and I'm getting ready to foward to Lori, I  hope you will like it ,I think it came out very pretty.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use