rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 10:09 AM

Marie:
I am enjoying playing right now.

Marie, we are in the same boat right now. Usually, I buy fabric for one quilt at a time, finish it, and then go on to the next. BUT, today I have fabric for 2 quilts waiting patietly for my attention, and I just ordered another quilt's worth from Connecting Threads! Must be turning into a real quilter! I ordered the kit for Log Cabin Quilts. Connecting Threads has regular quilting fabric for $5 or $6 per yard. Isn't this fun?

Sharon

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:25 AM

Sharon of Raleigh:
Isn't this fun?

Fun, fun, fun!  But what I realy need is Diane and Kris here with me because they inspire me.  Don't have a close enough friend to quilt with.  Boo hoo : ((  I think it's beginning to be NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 390
mbrwfy replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:51 PM

I finally finished my first QOV!  Its on its way to Afghanistan.

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 9:41 PM

Job well done. It's beautiful. Love the quilting.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 5:43 AM

Beautiful quilt! Great job!

Sharon

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 11:51 AM

This is really pretty.  I'm sure the recipient will be so happy and feel really blessed.  Good job!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 295
Points 10,190
Giddy replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 1:19 AM

LOVE LOVE that pattern!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 295
Points 10,190
Giddy replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 1:47 AM

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:30 PM

Very nice Giddy. I really like the one in the middle.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:28 AM

Giddy, love all your quilts, they'll be well received.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:32 AM

mbrwfy:

I finally finished my first QOV!  Its on its way to Afghanistan.

This is gorgeous!  It will wrap one person up with love.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Does Quilts of Valor accept quilts made with "firefighter" fabrics or do they only accept quilts with USA Red WHite and Blue for soldiers?

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:03 PM

Karen, aka yayaquilts:
Does Quilts of Valor accept quilts made with "firefighter" fabrics or do they only accept quilts with USA Red WHite and Blue for soldiers?

Hi Karen,

Patriotic fabrics are used in most of the Quilts of Valor. Although patriotic fabrics are not required, and other fabrics can be used, I would not use other "theme" fabrics - such as sports, firefighters and police, childrens fabrics, animals (except perhaps eagles), etc. Just keep in mind that we are honoring members of the US military forces and you will be fine. There are requirements for size, type of fabrics, etc. on the QOV website: www.qovf.org Many fabric manufacturers produce collections of patriotic fabrics in cooperation with Quilts of Valor.

Sharon

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,525
Points 25,510
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 1:12 AM

Hi!  I'm Debbie from Oklahoma City and just joined the group.  I love this idea and have made one patriotic quilt but I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons, I made it when my daughter was pregnant with her 2nd son, my 3rd grandson and we found out she was pregnant on Sept 11, 2001.  quite an emotional day for us, NYC and the Pentagon, finding out we were expecting Reily and then my Uncle Sam died that day.  So that quilt (picture won't load) is a reminder of all that happened that day.

Anyways, I'm a 15 yr veteran of the Air Force, Montana National Guard and AF Reserves.  My husband is retired AF, been retired now longer than he was in - which seems like a lifetime ago and my father is retired AF.  I have a brother and uncle retired Coast Guard, another uncle now gone who retired Army and another brother who spend 4 years in Army, plus one more uncle from that other branch, oh yeah, the Navy.  So, come from a military background for sure and love the idea of making quilts for soldiers. 

I have some FQs of patriotic prints that I bought several years ago but never found a quilt to make with them.  Now, I've got a quilt to use those on. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,525
Points 25,510
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 1:18 AM

Forgot to say I've been called to active duty twice - once in Montana when state employees at some facilities(home for the mentally challenged & the state prison) when on stike. and then in Nov, 1990 when Desert Shield began, my reserve unit at Tinker AFB (we were a aircraft loading unit) was called to duty and we shipped all supplies to Desert Shieldt/Desert Storm in Saudi and other parts.  One good thing was it was home, I didn't get sent somewhere.  Amazing what all went over. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use