QOV Split Star Quilt by Mary B. Hayes - a project

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 5,945
Sharon replied on Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:15 AM

Kris:
I'll talk to the ladies at the LQS and see if they'd like to be involved.

My LQS has agreed to put a paragraph in their e-newsletter and have offered the shop as a meeting place. I've never been involved in a guild or other quilting group (except this one), so I'll be flying by the seat of my pants!

Sharon

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Sharon replied on Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:55 PM

My LQS is very supportive of QOV. They have sponsored 2 sew days and have another scheduled for September 11. One of the ladies who works there is very active in the organization and works hard to coordinate local efforts. In addition, after they are quilted she has volunteers for sewing binding.  It is truly inspiring to see so many people giving their time and talent to such a worthy cause - not to mention how much fun we have.

I recently finshed a quilt ( a UFO) that I gave to her for quilting. Sorry I did not get a picture - If I get it back to put on the binding I will be sure to get one then.  I am currently doing the binding for a quilt completed by other quilters.

Sharon, thank you for starting the group and being a cheerleader!

Sharon in Delaware.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 5,945
Sharon replied on Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:57 AM

Sharon, thanks for checking in with us! Pictures are always welcome!! I'd love to see pics of your QOV group in action!

There is not an active QOV group in my area (Raleigh NC), but there is one in Fayetteville NC (home of Ft. Bragg). Although it is an hour and a half away, I may get involved with them. I enjoy applying binding, and have already been asked to help with that part of the process.  I feel blessed to be able to contribute my skill and heart to our valiant service members.

Keep us posted on your projects!

Sharon

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 5,945
Sharon replied on Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:54 PM

Hi everyone! I hope you have been making some progress with a QOV project - or the projects you need to finish first. Fall seems to inspire me to get things accomplished. Many other activities pull at me, and my sewing machine is getting lonely. However, I found an active QOV group in Fayetteville NC and am getting involved there too. They meet each month at a quilt store there (Loving Stitches) and work on their own project or a group project. My 2nd QOV is with the longarmer of the group now. They are planning to load me up with quilts that need bindings at the October meeting.  So, you will get to see pictures of quilts from this group, also.

I'd sure love to hear what y'all have been doing this summer!

Here's an EQ7 image of my next QOV:

Sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 361,987
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:24 PM

Sharon,

I really like this design. Nice job.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 150
Monica replied on Fri, May 30 2014 4:29 PM

I love the pattern.  Not sure when I will start but plan to use this for one of my next QOV top's.  I have finished 4 tops in the last 6 months.  We have a large demand here is Kansas City.  Thanks for the inspiration!

Warm Regards,

Monica

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 11,105

Sharon love the block. It's beautiful. 

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use