General Questions

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 6,080
Sharon Posted: Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:02 PM

Here's where to post question that don't seem to fit anywhere else.

Sharon

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 7:34 PM

Sharon

Where do we send quilts when they are finished?   And are you from Raleigh, NC?

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 6,080
Sharon replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 7:27 AM

Nana:

Nana, please read Quilts of Valor Foundation Process and Quilts of Valor Construction Guildelines for quilt requirements and how the process works. The usual process is when the top is finished, the topmaker goes to the QOVF website and submits a request for a volunteer longarmer. The top is sent to the longarmer for quilting and the 2 of them decide who will apply the label and binding. A request is then submitted to the QOVF website for a destination, and the quilt is sent there.

Sharon

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 6,080
Sharon replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 7:29 AM

Nana:

Sharon

Oh, and I am, indeed, from Raleigh NC. I've lived here for 28 years - so I call it home. I retired at the first of this year and my sewing machine has been running at top speed ever since!

Sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:41 PM

Sharon

One of my SIL's is from Apex and I have a niece that lives in the Holly Springs area.   Raleigh is such a nice place I have always loved visiting the area.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 6,080
Sharon replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:24 PM

Nana:

Sharon

One of my SIL's is from Apex and I have a niece that lives in the Holly Springs area.   Raleigh is such a nice place I have always loved visiting the area.

I live near the town of Wake forest, in pretty much the northern-most part of Raleigh. Apex and Holly Spring are Southwest of Raleigh, so you practically have to pack a bag to get down there from my house. And, I agree, Raleigh is a very nice place.

Sharon

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use