rated by 0 users
This post has 76 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:53 PM

Nancy625:

I made a couple of QVC quilts.  I made the tops and mailed them to a longarm quilter (QVC provided the address etc). They came back within the week, I bound them, labeled them, made pillow cases, and mailed them to the address provided.  Does that help?

I have been a volunteer longarmer for several quilts.  They do have a great organized process to match up toppers to longarmers and to help you find a donor.  I will say that I have probably never received, quilted and returned a quilt within a week but 2-3 weeks at least.  You volunteer to do so many a month or you can let them know your availability on a month by month basis.  You need to get them done within a month.  I was getting to the point of not being able to get them done so I had to back off for awhile.  And now that I am starting a QoV group next month, I figure I better just concentrate on that group of quilts.  I think we will have at least 4 longarmers willing to help with the quilting and anticipate about 14 quilts coming out of the project we are doing with a 4H group in Iowa.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
bjlinks replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:30 PM

hello Sharon,

I am so excited to have found a QOV group that meets once a month at a local fabric shop. Our son and grandson both are in the Army and our Son Col. Gene Links was injured in battle in Afghanistan Sept. 7th 2011. He is sitll going thru surgeries and a lot of therapy. But we are blessed he is alive and still with us. When they boarded him on the plane transport him to Germany to the hospital for surgery. He was given a Quilt of Valor. as well as all of the fellas that were loaded on the plan. He also received items from the wounded warriors program as well. He treasurers his quilts. as he received another when he went to hospital in Germany and then In GA. in Augusta, where we stayed with him for months. He made his bed everyday while in the hospital with is first quilt that some one made for a Veteran. He felt so close to his mom with it he said because I make quilts and it was similar to one I had made for him when he was in high school. I have time now to give back and was looking for a way to get involved with the Quilts of Valor program. I am honored to be able to do this for our veterans and soldiers. I have made one for my grandson as well. Thank you for your time and care Sharon and know that it is so very appreciated by the soldiers and their families.

• Post Points: 5
Page 6 of 6 (77 items) «Prev23456
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use