Questions About Part 3 - Scrappy Cutting and Sewing...The REVEAL!

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats Posted: Thu, Jul 28 2011 10:06 PM

Questions about Part 3 should be asked on this thread.  Hope you are having fun!  Make sure you post your finished Secret Window on the Group's Media page.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 5:59 AM

Sandi, all i have to say is ,,beautiful, cant wait to get my finished..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

Thank you Barbara.  I can't wait to see what you have created!  Korrecting Koncealed which I used to double check my post is done in red, white and black, scrappy of course.  I'll have it on my blog and website this weekend.  It is really neat how different fabrics can work out with the same pattern.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

www.kwiltnkats.blogspot.com

www.kwiltnkats.com

Online Host

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 155

I have been staring at this quilt and put mine together on the living room floor and there seems to be inconsistency in the placement of the X and Y blocks.  Am I mistaken in thinking that in the REVEAL picture that has the borders, that a couple of the blocks are turned the wrong way?  If you count down three rows from the top and one row to the right where the X block is, the dark squares are oriented left and right.  However, on row 5 and 7, the X block is oriented with the dark squares up and down.  All the X blocks in the central part of the quilt are oriented up and down except on the third row. The outside Y blocks seem to be correct.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I just did not want to sew it until I was sure about this.  If you squint at the block, or use a reducing glass it becomes pretty obvious!  Wow, I got my husband to look at it and he seems to be in agreement!  He is a husband after all, and not a quilter!!!

So, let me know if I am crazy or not, or if some of the squares need to be turned 90 degrees.  Thank you so much.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 375
dogzncats replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 6:14 PM

So, I'm confused on the post.  There are no cutting instructions and measurements.   Only the number of strips.  Do I need to figure this out on my own?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

Annie,

You and your Husband are correct.  There is a mistake in Rows 5 and 7 in orientation of Block X.  Row 3 is the correct one.  With all the "eyes" looking at my quilt no one caught the mistake.  Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.  With Photoshop magic we will be correcting the photos in the next few days.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats 

Online Host

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

dogzncats,

You must have the Quiltmaker Magazine (all three issues) to work with the blog posts here on Quilters Club of America. 

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats 

Online Host

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Am I missing something? Is it posted somewhere? I'm waiting for my copy :o(

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:43 PM

Sandi , I guess I'm blind I looked back And i still don't see it .. Oh well , just makes us human I still think is beautiful ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 375
dogzncats replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 7:37 AM

Hopefully the post office will deliver my issue today.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 375
dogzncats replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 7:37 AM

Hopefully the post office will deliver my issue today.

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 155
AnnieBikes replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 12:52 PM

Very sweet!!!  You sure did fix the picture and now I don't think I am going crazy like yesterday!!!  It is so awesome to see what all the parts do!  I can't wait to finish mine now.  I already started cutting it. 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 525
MaryE replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 11:26 AM

My copy of the magazine STILL isn't here....wah.....I might cheat and put it in EQ if it doesn't come by the weekend!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

They have started arriving in Maryland...my Mom got hers yesterday.  I've not received mine yet in San Diego...maybe today!

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

I picked up a copy today after work, at wal-mart

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use