Part 3 Is Just A Week Away...

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats Posted: Mon, Jul 25 2011 12:18 PM

On July 29 I’ll be posting Part 3 of Secret Window.  Part 3 will be one post and as with Part 1 (Quiltmaker May/June Issue) and Part 2 (Quiltmaker July/August Issue) you will need Quiltmaker September/October Issue.  This part puts your Unit 7s together and the rest of your blocks together to give you what you’ve all been at the edge of your seat for “The Big Reveal”.  Some of you haven’t posted your completed Part 2 pictures to the Media page yet…get busy!  You’ll definitely want to be ready to finish this project as soon as you can get your hands on the next issue.

Quiltmaker September/October subscription issues begin mailing on July 26, on newsstands by August 9.

Online Host

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 26 2011 12:04 AM

Ohhh, I can hardley wait.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Tue, Jul 26 2011 9:02 PM

Barbara:

Ohhh, I can hardley wait.. Barbara

Me either........I keep going to my local bookstore to see if they have the new issue in yet.   I know they won't have it for a while yet.  But I keep checking.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 135
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 27 2011 12:08 AM

I have never before been so up-to-date and anxious before to get on with and finish a mystery quilt!  I bought a kit because I fell in love with the Summer Breezes fabric line.  It is just absolutely beautiful.  I have looked up quilts with similar blocks to imagine what it will possibly look like!  I behaving a little crazy about this I know.  Only 2 more days to wait now. 

I subscribe to several quilting magazines as well.  They all arrive about the same time.  I have received a few already so I know Quiltmaker will be here soon.

Can't wait!

Barbara

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 155

I also bought a kit because I am pretty bad at putting fabrics together for mysteries and I just love the fabrics in the kit!  I can't wait to get Part 3 but I seem to have alot of fabrics left in the kit which I have not used at all.  I wish that we would have one more month to make "parts" and then get the finished picture last!!!  I am so glad that it is only two days away now, since I have everything waiting on my cutting table with finished units ready to go.  Thanks for this fun mystery!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Jul 27 2011 11:40 AM

LOL, I just started on the 2nd part last night. I am always behind during the gardening season.

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 525
MaryE replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:13 AM

I have my "Y" blocks finished and now have to complete my "X" blocks. I printed foundation papers for unit 7, but after viewing the tri-recs tool assembly, I think I'd like to try that. I have those rulers just sitting around in my tool drawer. Time to make good use of them! I'll post when they're completed. We have a sewing retreat this weekend at our LQS and several of us are going to be working on this project! I'm really enjoying this mystery project and also cannot wait for the reveal!

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 155

I used the Tri-recs, too, with some initial skepticism but they worked like a charm.  It will make you realize that you can do alot with those two rulers!  Good luck!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

Mary,

It's good to hear that you'll be using your rulers again.  Sounds like a fun weekend!

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

Annie,

There are many uses for the rulers; we just need to think to use them since many instructions don't suggest that you do.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:31 AM

Mary, I used the tri-rec rulers for mine and it just was so easy..  Makes me wish I'd found these earlier for other projects..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 155

Babara,  I wish I had found them way earlier, too, as I have done several projects where I ended up paper piecing them.  This was at least as precise and with no tearing of paper!  I borrowed the Tri-recs from a guild friend and at the recent AQS show in Knoxville, TN, I bought a new ruler which was fantastic for just this shape...It is called the V-Block Trimmer by Deb Tucker.  She did an awesome demo at the show and of course, I could NOT resist buying it.  It is really sweet and she has videos on her website on how to use it.  It shows you how to cut, sew and trim these v-blocks like we used in the mystery quilt.  Here is a great video on how to use this ruler.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJSZO4b40d0  No, I do not work for her!!!  :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 525
MaryE replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 2:39 PM

I used my tri-recs rulers and they worked out perfect. It was very easy cutting the strips and then using the rulers to make the angled cuts. I posted a picture (just finished!) and have to trim them up still, but I'm now ready for the next step. This has been such a fun project!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use