Who's Going to Come Along for the Quilt-Along?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 59 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats posted on Mon, Mar 21 2011 5:56 PM

Hello to everyone who's come to participate and watch as I assemble Secret Window by Debbie Caffrey.  I'll be hosting this three part mystery quilt-along here on QCA.  Feel free to comment and ask any question that either I or the Quiltmaker staff can help you with.  There will be a place to post pictures of your project as you go.  Won't this be fun to show off your project and see other projects--a real quilt-along don't you think?  So are you with me?  Sure hope so since the fun is about to begin...

Online Host

• | Post Points: 245

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Barbara,

Happy to have you with us.  I think you'll enjoy the mystery.  Part 2 just went live today...so you aren't too far behind.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,656 Posts
Points 136,082

Glad you are joining in Barbara

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 31 2011 11:33 PM

Thanks Sandi for the nice welcome ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 31 2011 11:34 PM

thanks Leslie , I am looking foward to doing this one .got my fabric today . Just want  Sandi to look at it first to see if I need to make any changes...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
178 Posts
Points 4,560

Hi, Sandi, 

I found this Mystery Quilt in my Quiltmakers magazine that my brother bought me while he was visiting from Canada! - Funny story - we were at Barnes & Noble, having coffee, and I had grabbed some quilt magazines to look at while we were there.  Unfortunately my brother is a bit of a clutz and spilled his coffee - guess where???  That's right, all over the quilt magazines that I was looking at!  That meant that someone had to buy them...well considering I am unemployed and have been for a year due to health issues - I got a late Birthday present from my brother!!!  I'm sure he will be much more careful with his coffee around me the next time he visits in August, OR maybe I could go for an early Christmas present???? 

Anyway, back to reality, when I saw that you were doing a Quilt-Along on QCA I was excited, especially since it is just starting - so to speak.  I had signed up for MQ4, but my health issues, knocked me out of the race before it even started!!!  Didn't even get fabric picked out.  I'm ahead of the game already.  I am attaching a picture of fabrics that I dug out of my stash today.  Some of these fabrics I know I have had for over 10 years!  I am hoping the group will look over my fabrics and let me know their thoughts??  I will be more than happy to move fabrics around or replace if I can anything that that the group thinks is out of place or way off the mark.  Fabrics are from left to right in the picture below.

Thanks everyone and I'm really excited about doing this Quilt-Along "with you" and hopefully not several months after you!   I will need to send my son out to get me the next Quiltmaker magazine for me.  Sandi, how long with the July/August magazine be on the shelves?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,656 Posts
Points 136,082

Loretta, I really like your selection, I think it will make a pretty quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:05 AM

Loretta, your fabrics look great to me ..and I think  the magazine  is on the self until Aug..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:10 AM

Olay  everyone  I'm ready for part #3  LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,656 Posts
Points 136,082

Hey speedy Barbara, I haven't even started yet on my 2nd part. lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Leslie , I'm just kidden .I have plenty of projects to keep me busy ..Believe me...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
294 Posts
Points 3,235

Loretta, these are gorgeous. I think it will work up into a really beautiful quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,358 Posts
Points 28,605

Finally posted my fabrics in Media.  Will hopefully do parts 1 and 2 on Wednesday.  I had all but one fabric in my stash - I didn't have a suitable fabric for #8 so had to wait for it to come.  It arrived Saturday.  I have an alternate for #9 - a beige stripe - if a lighter fabric will be better.  Fabrics 2, 3, 4, and 5 are medium-dark to dark and I hope they are not too dark. 

I am planning to make 3 quilts for our 3 Military grandsons, all brothers, but the first one if for the middle "boy".  (he is a sturdy 6'4").  He is already spent 1 year in Iraq and has just left for his second 1-yr tour.  The youngest is heading with his new bride to Germany in a few weeks.  The oldest works on planes in the Syracuse, NY area.  I may have to adjust the quilt size for our "Sky-scraper" grandson.  I am tall but just come to his shoulder.  He says he is 6'4" but I think he is taller.  My  father and brother were 6' and he seems more than 4" taller than they were.  We didn't see him before he left for Iraq as we had planned, but did see him at his brother's wedding April 30th.  All three boys were together then.  I have a picture of them "trapped" in my camera - all in uniform.  I should transfer them to the computer and post one.  The wedding pictures don't suit me (the perfectionist again), but I got sick from the heat and had to head for the airconditioner.  The wedding was out in the sun on a day in the 90's in Georgia!  Someone took pictures with my camera so that I would have some.  I especially wanted the three boys together in uniform.  One told me that they had ditched the ties because of the heat, which was fine with me - it was such unbearable heat.  The reception was also in the sun on the lawn.  NO TENTS ...

Marsha

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Loretta,

Sorry I'm so late in responding.  My Mom arrived for two weeks from Maryland a week ago so I've been happy doing things with her.  She too is a quilter and her visit was also scheduled around a quilting retreat over the past weekend.  Busy indeed.  It worked out very well at the coffee house for you to come to know and participate in the Quilt-Along.  I agree with all those that commented before me.  Your fabrics look very nice together.  I think mid August if they last on the book shelves that long.  You can always get back issues online through Quiltmaker.  I'm glad to hear your health issues allow you to join us!  Look forward to pictures in the Media page.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Barbara,

I'm off to the Media Page and will comment there!

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Marsha,

I'm off to the Media page next.  Will post comment about fabrics there.  Have fun with 3 versions of Part 1 and Part 2!

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Page 4 of 4 (60 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use