Who's Going to Come Along for the Quilt-Along?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 59 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats posted on Mon, Mar 21 2011 5:56 PM

Hello to everyone who's come to participate and watch as I assemble Secret Window by Debbie Caffrey.  I'll be hosting this three part mystery quilt-along here on QCA.  Feel free to comment and ask any question that either I or the Quiltmaker staff can help you with.  There will be a place to post pictures of your project as you go.  Won't this be fun to show off your project and see other projects--a real quilt-along don't you think?  So are you with me?  Sure hope so since the fun is about to begin...

Online Host

• | Post Points: 245

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,657 Posts
Points 136,092

When will it start?

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Hi Leslie,

Part 1 starts on Quilters Club of America Tuesday, March 29th.  Quiltmaker Magazine issues will be available early April.  Hope you decide to play along.  Sandi

Online Host

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 355
Sue replied on Fri, Mar 25 2011 11:38 PM

Hi Sandi,

I'm with you! Love to know ahead of time the fabric requirements so I can go shopping...even if it is in my own stash.

Sue V

Top 500 Contributor
Female
78 Posts
Points 1,340
Betty replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 6:42 AM

Count me in......

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

March 29th is just a few days away...  Sandi

Online Host

Top 500 Contributor
Female
180 Posts
Points 4,565
Terri replied on Sun, Mar 27 2011 2:52 PM

I cant wait to get started, do we know what the fabric requirement is yet?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Hi Terri, everything will go public on Tuesday, March 29th.  It will be fun!  Sandi

Online Host

Top 500 Contributor
Female
85 Posts
Points 1,675
Pat replied on Mon, Mar 28 2011 3:50 PM

Hi, Sandi,

My name is Pat and I am a  member of the Quiltmaker Scrap Squad.    I am making the MQ4, and I am eagerly awaiting steps every week.   I went on your blog and I love your quilt '' Making Ends Meet''.  What a lovely, lovely quilt.   Two other scrap squad members and I are going to start that one as soon as our next Scrap Squad project has started .tThe fact that I am somewhat new at blogs, I don`t know how to comment on your blog.   I scrolled down all the way to the bottom of you page and did not fing it.    .  I have a question concerning the quiltalong that starts tomorrow.   Is it the same mystery as the one that will start in Quiltmaker magazine next month?    Thanks for the information... and count me in!

Pat

Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Hi Pat,

When I heard from Linda earlier she made reference to MQ4...I wasn't quite sure what she was referring to...but now I do.  I'll be taking a peek at it.  Making Ends Meet is a very nice design.  Thanks your your comments on my version of it.  www.patchworktimes.com has the pattern as it was written.  You can't make comments on my blog unless you have a FREE blogspot account.  Yes the mystery is the same one.  Great that you'll participate.

Sandi

Online Host

Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,085

Hello everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we have delayed the start of the Mystery Quilt-Along by a few more days. We have a lot to learn on this first one and Sandi has been a trooper and has worked so hard, but the QM staff is scrambling to be ready. So we appreciate your patience for a few more days while we put the finishing touches on the process. You might use this extra time to grab the May/June issue of Quiltmaker so all your instructions are at the ready! We hope to have Step 1, Part 1 up within a week. Thanks!

Not Ranked
Female
12 Posts
Points 135

Boy, am I glad I found your post! I have not done anything previously with the quilter's groups or blogs. I wasn't sure I knew how to navigate the site.  I even checked the site at 2 AM looking for the first information re: the new mystery quilt along!  I was really disappointed when I couldn't find anything.

I am disabled and have a hard time getting out and around so I am really, really excited to get together with others online and do some quilting!  I will be checking back often.

Thanks for planning these activities. I greatly appreciate your time and energies in doing so.

Barb

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
269 Posts
Points 5,680

Barb, I'm glad you found us too!  We'll be rolling in the next few days.  Happy that you'll be quilting-along.  Sandi

Online Host

Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,085

Hi Barb,

I'm Diane, I'm one of the editors at Quiltmaker. So glad you'll be joining us for the Quilt-Along! Grab the May/June issue of Quiltmaker and get ready to choose your fabrics. Part 1-Introduction is up now!

Diane Harris

Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 720

I have not received my May/June issue in the mail yet!  I wish the subscribers would get their magazines before it hits the news stand instead of the reverse.  Can you post the Introduction with fabric requirements so I can select my fabrics?

Marcia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use