Introducing Your Hostess: Sandi Delman

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,085
Diane Harris Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2011 4:18 PM

Sandi Delman is a QM reader who astounds us with her productivity. We've been acquainted with Sandi for a long time and were thrilled when she agreed to help us run our first Mystery Quilt-Along. I asked Sandi to tell us a little more about herself and her quilting journey.

"I've been a quilter since 1999. I wanted to fill up space in my newly acquired home and cost for the large walls was way more than my budget could handle. I shifted my focus from clothing to quilting and created my first wall hanging. It continues to be displayed 12 years later as you enter my home. It was made from the Quilt in a Day pattern called Bears in the Woods.

"Time has passed and lots has happened in my quilting world. I belong to three quilt guilds; I have been chairperson for Project Linus in one for several years, president in another and a big contributor in the third. I've been published several times in Quiltmaker and was selected to participate in the Road to California Quilt Show.

"I've taught at a local quilt shop, Memory Lane, and made fundraising quilts for  Make-a-Wish Foundation, American Cancer Society, San Diego Humane Society, American Legion Auxiliary, Alzheimers Association, Operation Homefront, and America Supports You. I've also donated quilts to the Veterans Administration, National Children's Home in the United Kingdom, Quilts 4 Cancer, and of course more than I can count to Project Linus.

How did you begin reading Quiltmaker and making quilts from QM patterns?

"I'm not certain how I first started with Quiltmaker, but my first issue is March/April '99 (No. 66) and has March Mascots on the cover. I've kept every issue since that time (and even picked up a couple earlier ones from various places).

"I've made 35 quilts from Quiltmaker over the years, two were mystery designs. In my bucket list today are plans to make three more. The first Quiltmaker pattern I used was Happy to be Scrappy from Sept/Oct '99 (No. 69) (this was also the second quilt I made). I can't recall ever having a problem with any of the instructions and I continue to use techniques from QM's Basic Lessons. I often pass along to other quilt enthusiasts how much I enjoy Quiltmaker and I encourage them to get a subscription.

Tell us a bit about your blog:

"I created kwiltnkats.blogspot.com in July '10. It was started to participate in Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times Sunday Stash Report. I wanted to participate with others, gain inspiration and use up my stash rather than purchase new. My blog quickly evolved to participate in Judy's Design Wall Monday and then to various projects that I'm working on during the week. I display projects along with pertinent information to acquire the patterns. I provide helpful hints on techniques and favorite tools that I've used during these projects."

I feel certain you'll find Sandi to be a fun quilting buddy during Quiltmaker's Mystery Quilt-Along!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use