REVISED Questions About Part 3 - Scrappy Cutting and Sewing...The REVEAL!

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats Posted: Sat, Jul 30 2011 3:04 AM

There was an error in the initial post of Part 3.  Thanks to Photoshop the mistakes have been corrected and the blog post renamed to include "REVISED" in the heading.  The mistake was not in the instructions but in the orientation of all Block Xs in Row 5 and Row 7 (it was always correct in Row 3).  There were so many who looked at the quilt, unfortunately no one saw the mistake until the post went live. 

Sandi, aka kwiltnkat

Online Host

• Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,085

No worries, Sandi! We've all been there. You did a great job of revising with Photoshop so that everything is oriented correctly. Thanks for the help you've given everyone on this project.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 8:55 AM

Sandi,I agree with Diane, you have done a wonderful job on this project, you tutorials  are fabulous ,and you have very good skill with people. We all make errors and  some need to just let it go ...i've enjoy this project  and can't wait for my copy of the mag so I can get mine finished... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 11:24 AM

Sandi,  Thank you so much for your tutorials.  Even though I have been sewing for over 65 years and quilting for over 40 (just for the family), I still pick up many tips from everyone.  This project is the same - a few more tips.  I have just read them, though, because I refuse to allow myself to start this quilt until I finish MQ4.  Too many on-the-road jobs to allow me to use the sewing machine.  The first border is pinned on and I hope to stitch the ends on today.  The sides are sewn.  The last 2 borders will go fast after the length and width are stabilized.  Then I can give in to the temptation and have FUN with this one.  I was sure you would correct the quilt this way - They make a nice frame around the stars.   I wasn't quite sure how the outer frame (1st border) would be extended to a full quilt, but I was sure the part 1 blocks would be some kind of frame.  I am not looking at my part 3 fabrics until I finish parts 1 and 2.  HOPEFULLY this week......  promises, promises, promises......   This was fun reading and is sure to be more fun doing and seeing everyone elses REVEAL.......    Marsha

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 155
AnnieBikes replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 12:57 PM

Sandi, you are a wizard!!  The quilt looks wonderful. (it even looked great with the blocks turned!)  I have looked at quilts for days, sewn them together and then my DH says...that block is turned!!!  Oh well, they say no quilt can ever be perfect!!!  I am so excited about the way mine is looking.  I used the summer colorway and am so happy with it.  I am going to give it to my daughter-in-law since she just painted her basement playroom in greens and purples!!  Thanks again for all the help along the way.  I, for one, cannot wait for the next mystery! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:18 AM

Oh pooh Sandi, I make a mistake every quilt I make. I just tell  people when or if they notice, that it is my trade mark lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

Thanks everyone for being so supportive.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

thank you Sandi for the wonderful instructions, My mag should be here Monday, as it seams I have it in the first mailing. carylanne

Not Ranked
Posts 49
Points 830

Caryl Anne, Just wondering if you spelled "seems" like that intentionally!   If not, it's a great slip! Cute :) Shoshannah

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Yes I always spell these two words as seams and sew for anything I am doing related to my crafty side. My sister did try to correct me once upon a time, & then realized the words were in content to messages sent to some of my friends who are customers as well. I don't even think about it anymore. And hey it is fun. Thanks Shoshannah for noticing. Carylanne

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,340
Betty replied on Mon, Aug 1 2011 5:40 PM

What great instructions, I really enjoyed the Mystery.  It is my first mystery and I realy have enjoyed the great directions and the group of quilters are so nice..

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 235
mcmanuca1 replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 11:49 AM

Sandi, you did and AWESOME job at your step-by-step complete insturctions.  I'll definitely follow you on the next Quilt Along journey.  Thanks so much for all your time and effort in creating a great addition to the Mystery.  I too used the Tri-Recs rulers in part 2 and it really made all those itly bitty star points (now that I know WHAT they really are) a breeze to piece.  This was fun!  Even though I don't have my issue yet, I will quickly complete the quilt (TOP), post it, and get it to the quilter.  I love this so much, I may make it again controlling the star colors to make each one different.  I hope we do this again really soon.  I just subscribed to Quiltmaker Magazine at Puyallup this year because of Bonnie Hunter.  Please tell Quiltmaker Magazine to do this again...SOON!  A HUGE THANK YOU again for a great job walking us though the mystery!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

Thanks again everyone.  I had a great time with this project and will enjoy seeing everyone's completed Secret Window!

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Thanks so much Sandi.  Can't wait for my issue to arrive so I can complete this project.  Leaving for vacation next week though so thinking I'm not going to get to it until I get back .. bummer .. lol

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use