Questions About Part 2 - Scrappy Cutting and Sewing

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats Posted: Mon, May 30 2011 9:48 AM

Questions about Part 2 should be asked on this thread.  Hope you are having fun!  Make sure you post your finished Part 2 units/sets in the Group's Media page.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 830

Sandi

Glad you were able to have a great visit with your mom, those are truely cherished.  Earlier I posted a question about using triangulations on the part 2 of our mystery quilt.  Have read through the instructions a couple times and am not quite clear how that will work out.  Was wondering if you had any suggestions.

JanJo

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680

JanJo,

I've never used triangulations so hard for me to say.  I've heard others use the method with success so it should work fine.  Make certain you get the right fabrics together.  As long as the results are the same there are endless ways to get there.  Let us know how it works out if you try it.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 165
Heidi replied on Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:05 AM

Are the paper foundations avaible on line to print out?

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 269
Points 5,680
kwiltnkats replied on Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:45 AM

Heidi,

Not that I know about.  A good idea to be considered by Quiltmaker.

Sandi, aka kwiltnkats

Online Host

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jun 23 2011 2:19 PM

Heidi:

Are the paper foundations avaible on line to print out?

This would be a great idea.  I really want to use that method for this unit, but am having problems getting them printed out true to size.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 830

Heiddi

Triangulations is a software for making HST that you can purchase from your LQS.  Connecting Threads recently had it listed on line for a great price.  I'm sure you could get through Amazon also.  I decided not to use iit for this project as I would have had to use 16 pieces of papeer and that's just too much paper and ink to use up and then tear to pieces.  For smaller units it's wonderful, one of the best tools for quilting I've ever invested in.

Jan in Reno

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 230

Psst… check out Quiltmaker’s blog, Quilty Pleasures, on Monday, June 27 and you just might find what you are looking for! ;) Denise

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jun 24 2011 4:10 PM

Denise Starck:

Psst… check out Quiltmaker’s blog, Quilty Pleasures, on Monday, June 27 and you just might find what you are looking for! ;) Denise

That would be wonderful! Thanks for sharing Denise.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Jun 27 2011 2:54 AM

Thank you for posting the foundation paper template.  Can't wait to get this second part pieced.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,070

Good news! Denise did a blog post this week and included a printable foundation. You can see it at the link below. Enjoy!

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2011/06/summer-secret-window-part-2/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 29 2011 9:25 PM

I have already printed some out, never tried this before but I am going to give it a shot

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use