Quilts for Kids

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele Posted: Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:57 PM

Wanting to make a quilt or two for kids in the hospital??? why not give quilts for kids a try . They will even send you all the fabric needed to create one quilt all you'll need is batting. 

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:01 PM

I think this is a great charity.  I've made several quilts for them both from their kits and from my stash.  The patterns are simple "sit and sew" and their kits are mostly pre-cut.  I love to do them when I just want to relax and they are great for practicing your quilting.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Adele~

How do you get in touch with the charity? Is there a website?

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

www.quiltsforkids.org    Go to the "how to help" tab and then "request a kit"   You get one very quickly.  I think I got my first one is less than 2 weeks.  They like them back in 4 - 6 weeks but that's a piece of cake.  The only reason i took longer this time is somehow I got 2 kits within a week of each other.  then we left for vacation for 10 days - then my machine was in the shop for a week. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,469
Points 46,440

Quite a few of QCA members have made quilts for them They also ask that you make a quilt from your stash to send with the one from your kit if you can. Very worthy cause.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:02 PM

Just mailed off  2 quilts  to "Quilts for Kids" yesterday. One was from material they sent me and one I just made on my own .Sorry I didn't get any Pictures of them, I seem to have misplaced my camera. I enjoy doing them .My local quilt shop is involed in The Linius Project. I thnks that is how it is spelled .I going to check it out and do some for them . its so much fun .I love watching a project come together..What a thrill. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 115
Evelyn replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 5:28 PM

Hi Everybody

I am new to QCA and quilting.  As a beginner quilter  who needs lots of practice I searched for a way that I could get the practice I need and contribute to a charity.  I found quilt for kids during my search and am going to start my first quilt for them this week.  Since I am a beginner and don't know if I can meet their time frame yet I decided not to request a kit from them and use my own fabric.  I purchased a few yards of different kid friendly fabric on clearance and am looking forward to making my first quilt for them.  I will post pictures when its done.

I look forward to sharing and learning from all the members.

Evelyn

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

For those living in CO, Warm Hearts Warm Babies has chapters all over the Front Range and may have more in other parts of the state.  They have donated materials if you need some.  Check out their website: warmheartswarmbabies.org The donated quilts and clothing are distributed all over the state.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use