Multi-crafting

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 62
Points 850
Patrick Posted: Sun, Jun 12 2011 10:35 PM

Most of us creative types have more than one project in the works at any given time and often in more than one genre. When you're not quilting, what's another of your creative outlets?

I don't get much time for it these days but I love using my scroll saw to make decorative wood pieces - especially Christmas ornaments. They often end up painted so that presents another outlet for me :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,825

I've found the need to create two distinct craft areas, lovingly referred to as "wet" and "dry". Anything messy (glue, paint, clay) is on one side, fabrics on the other. Beading tends to cross the line, depending on what it is being added to.

It's really fun to have more than one outlet, and more than one medium to work in. We run the gamut here from wood to clay to fabrics to jewelry and everything in between. Many times, things cross over into the mixed media realm. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 10:07 PM

I knit, mostly in the winter months. I'm not fond of sewing down in my sewing room in the winter when it's really dark, so I have knitting projects to do. I take it to work to poke away at on breaks too. With 7 grandchildren, I can always find someone to knit something for.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:52 PM

I used to draw and paint pictures,make crafts, and loved re- purposing furniture by adding decorative and multi dimensional embellishments and  painting and glazing them. Now that I'm older, I have pretty much settled into quilting, embroidery and most recently crazy quilting. 

I also wanted to note that I have thoroughly enjoyed your QNNTV videos.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.