Patriots in Petticoats - Block of the Month Quilt

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:58 PM

I have the supplies (fabric and directions) for this quilt. I've completed two blocks and cut four others, and not touched the remainder.  I'm willing to sell at a discount, as I will not be competing this quilt.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:44 PM

do you have any pictures???  I might be interested!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:29 PM

I will take some pictures to send you.  Can I attach them to my response or do we have to email separately?

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:11 PM

I took photos of everything but can't upload them to this post. 

I don't know how to get the photos to you unless we exchange emails.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:56 AM

Donna,

here's a picture of the quilt. I don't know if JD's fabrics are the same but you get the idea.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:15 AM

Thanks Kris.  That is my quilt - or at least that is what it will look like when completed.  I wanted to show Donna what I had done,  and the blocks and other parts of the quilt that have yet to be done (cut and pieced).  The colors are pretty much as they are in Kris' photo.  I was also trying to put my photos on a web page.  But since MobileMe is now iCloud, I can't figure out how to do it.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 2:59 AM

JD,

you need to sign in to iCloud then turn on photo stream. Your photos will be available on all your compatible devices (iPhone, iPad etc) I think you need to turn it on on all devices individually. Having said that, I don't think iCloud gives you a gallery that you can share like MobileMe did.

It's not difficult to post a photo here on the site if the photo is on your computer. When writing a post select the green filmstrip icon in the toolbar and follow the steps. It may take a few minutes for your photo to upload depending on its size and the site's speed. You will see you photo in the window where you're composing your post.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

I really like this quilt and look forward to seeing what you have done.

Donna, if you buy it, I hope you post photos as well.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:02 PM

MONTH 1 - Blocks 1 & 2 [two photos below]

Donna -  The patterns are in their original packaging, the remaining fabric is saved in its original packaging, and the finished blocks are shown.  The yellow colors of the pattern photo is NOT true to actual fabric, which is more of a tan color.

I have photos of all the blocks I finished (3), the blocks I cut but did not piece (5),  the blocks I have not touched (8) [16 blocks totaling eight months], and the border patterns and additional parts and fabric which are still in the original USPS packaging (the remaining four months worth of the quilt).  Let me know if you want me to upload the other photos (Blocks 4-16 and borders etc.).  Not a problem to do so.  Just don't want to inundate you with photos.  - Jamie

PS - Kris:  thank you for your tech assistance!

MONTH 1 - Block 1

MONTH 1 - Block 2

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:38 PM

Jamie,

you're welcome. I love these blocks. Nice work.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 6:28 PM

I am afraid that it may be more than this beginner could handle.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:06 PM

But if the price is right!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:44 PM

Well, even if the price is right, I think it would be difficult for a beginner.  I hate to say it, but it's true.  

However, if you want the challenge, I will be willing to part with it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 10:04 PM

Donna,

you can do it. Just take your time with it. PLEASE take it so I don't. LOL I have more projects started and waiting to be started than I need. I'm trying hard to resist. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:45 AM

Price?  Thanks in advance

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 135
Jamie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:16 PM

I paid $30 per month for 12 months for $360, including shipping.  I will sell the entire project as is (which is in excellent condition) for $180 and I will ship to you for that price.  

I will upload the additional photos if anyone would like to see.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use