Precious Moments FS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa Posted: Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:07 AM

Just in time for Christmas! I have 1 yard of Precious Moments, 100% cotton, fabric for sale for $5 and $5.30 for flat rate shipping. If international, I will have to determine your rate. Thx!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

a 1 yard piece can be shipped in a regular mailing envelope (remove the staple) for around 1.75 .. just saying.

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:25 PM

Frustrated beyond words,  was working on the Craftsy BOM and the directions said to sew on the foundation paper lines without thread to score it.  Well, apparently my Baby Lock Ellure does not like this, and I should have unthreaded it completely because it is lock up now.  Apparently there is thread wrapped around something inside,  I took the cover off the end and can see some of the thread but cant get to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So I have to take it to the shop tomorrow. Who knows how long before I get it back because the place I go is very busy since he is good and the only repair shop close.  I am just hoping he will rush it for me.

I did get the binding on the Wedding quilt that had to be finished before the 9th.  But I didnt get my embroidery done on the identification piece for the back.  It just may have to go without one if I cant get my machine back.

What else can go wrong today, first I have a fight with John, (my significant other) the first major fight we have ever had, been living together for 2 years and now this.  If I cant quilt to work of my anger with him, who knows what I might do??????

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:55 AM

Caryl Anne:

a 1 yard piece can be shipped in a regular mailing envelope (remove the staple) for around 1.75 ..saying.

Caryl Anne, that is not always the case, it depends on where you send it. I am on the east coast and if I had to send to the west coast it sure as heck isn't going to be 1.75. I have also learned from experience, when I was an advid eBay seller, to ship flat rate because no matter how big or small, I ALWAYS ate the postage! So by using the FLAT RATE, I can mail anywhere for the same price (in the US). I will always ship flate rate, regardless, but I appreciate your suggestion.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:02 AM

Caryl Anne:

a 1 yard piece can be shipped in a regular mailing envelope (remove the staple) for around 1.75 .. just saying.

Caryl Anne, just so you know too, I checked the cost to send to Pearland, TX where you are, and the cheapest way (to all 3 zip codes in Pearland) was $5.55. That's MORE than the Flat Rate. I'll stick with the flate rate....

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 179,593
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:44 AM

Donna:
What else can go wrong today

Donna, I hope you've had time to calm down a little, breath!  Sorry about your fight with John, that's bound to happen from time to time, you'll work it out, don't stress.  

As for your repair shop, will they give you a loaner, some shops do.  

I'm not an experienced paper piecer but I've never sewn on the lines without thread.  If you make your stitch very small that will make it easy to remove the paper after you've sewn the block together.  

Here's some (((((HUGS))))) for you, feel better, it's a new day.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Sorry Teresa, didn't mean to stress you over this. truly I am sorry.(((( Hugs))))  from Texas

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:48 AM

Thanks Marie for the words of encouragement.  Yes John and I have "made up" and we are find.  As for the loaner, I dont know about that, but I do have my down to basic singer sewing machine that does nothing fancy but I can piece with to use as a back up. 

While I am at the shop,  I am hoping they will let me use one of the machines (which I know they will) to embroider the quilt information for the wedding gift that I am giving next tuesday.  It is finished all but that.  The repair shop has a retail store with it , the father does the repairs and the daughter runs the retail store, since they sell the machines there, they are always willing to give a demonstration.  And since I have the Elisamo  in layaway, I will just say I need a demo on this fabric with these words.  LOL.  They are really nice people and will have no problem doing it for me.  Especially since today is my Birthday.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:03 AM

Caryl Anne:

Sorry Teresa, didn't mean to stress you over this. truly I am sorry.(((( Hugs))))  from Texas

No stress at all, was just simply explaining why I choose to mail flate rate. Before you send something you should check into it, it could save you lots of money! I'm all about saving money!

Also Caryl, if I do it online I get delivery confirmation FREE and this lets me know if the person gets it even if they said they didn't. THAT actually happened to me once on eBay....the person said they didn't get it and I didn't have proof at the time so I always do delivery confirmation now with all my things I send out. It sure gives me peace of mind.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 179,593
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:11 PM

Donna, I'm glad all seems to be working out today.  I new day, a new start. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Hope you do something fun today, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 179,593
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:12 PM

Click the sunflower.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:23 PM

Marie:

Click the sunflower.

That is so cute!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:11 PM

Took my machine to the shop.  He things he can have it this afternoon or tomorrow by the latest.  The good news is.....It is still under warranty.  And yes, while I was there they let me do the embroidering That I need to do to finish the wedding quilt tonight.  So while I am watching NCIS, I can hand stitch the embroidered piece to the back of the quilt.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:13 PM

Thanks for the birthday wish.  We will be going out to dinner at our favorite local steakhouse.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 179,593
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:07 PM

Good news about your machine and the embroidered label, Donna.

Hope you enjoyed the steakhouse, sounds yummy.  Have any dessert?

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use