rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee Posted: Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:20 PM

Hello,

I am in search of the below fabric.  I purchased it from connecting threads.com as a part of a fat quarter bundle.

I have contacted Connecting threads and they do not have anymore of this fabric and they will not be making anymore.

I am looking for 1/2 yd to finish a project. It is called Scrollwork Celebration. It was stock #4897.

Thanks,

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:49 PM

Renee, do you know who made it???

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:11 PM

Connecting Threads manufactures and sells there own line of fabric.  I have never seen any other manufacturer's fabric listed on there website.  Here is there response "I am so sorry, no it will not be re-printed"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:00 PM

Well then Renee,  I think we should boycott Connecting Threads.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:23 PM

Connecting Threads makes its own fabric. They print a certain amount of each collection then no more. When it's gone it's gone. This is true for many manufacturers. No fabric line is available indefinitely. Sometimes, if it's popular, they'll do a second run.

Maybe someone has some of this fabric and will be willing to sell you some of it.

I wouldn't boycott CT because their prices are lower and they make good fabric.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 150
Sue replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:37 PM

You are so right and the advise you gave is good advise.  I am so sorry she can't get any more but maybe someone out there just might have it.  Just keep checking.  Good Luck.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Renee, so sorry you can't get this fabric anymore, I used it for a border for my Build a Kit table topper, I went to look and see what I had left, but sorry to say it is just scraps as I did order through Build a Kit.
Hope someone has some, I loved this!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Donna:

Well then Renee,  I think we should boycott Connecting Threads.

Donna, I am sure you are just joking here as

to boycott Connecting threads would be like cutting off your index finger, I love their fabrics, their sales and the batiks at $6.07 who can get that?? Free shipping at $50, that's easy to do and the threads they have are superior. I use them for piecing very good strong threads. check them out.

PS if you haven't used the build a kit then you simply must try it, SOOOO inexpensive and you get what your color needs are. Not a fabric shop making up the kits in their fabrics.  

I am finishing this quilt for my Mother and it was called Christmas Paws well I am using Maple Sky collection and it is just beautifulHappy Quilting !!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
fluffyren replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:28 PM

Have been quilting for 3 months and have already found just this problem with many fabric makers - don't boycott because of all these comments I am going to check it out.  We sure do learn a lot from each other!!  Thanks

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:43 PM

Renee,  yes I was kidding about the boycott.  Since I have never ordered anything from them,  they wouldnt even notice if I boycotted.  lol.  But it was just a joke.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use