Accuquilt Die Cutter

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 310
Sunny Sandy Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2012 5:45 PM

I am looking to buy an Accuquilt Die Cutter.  Arthritis has made accuracy difficult when cutting fabric.

Please let me know if you have one you'd part with.

Thanks

Sandy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

hello Sunny, so glad you found the market place, I hope someone has one they are willing to part with. However, while your wait may be long, I bought mine off Ebay used with many die included. Now what I did was go to the company web site and write down prices so I could compare, then Joann has a great sale $199 several times a year, of course that is just the basic start. I looked and followed many sets that were available so I would know what I was going to have to save for this purchase, and when that was done bu my children for my Christmas gift, I was ready to for real shop. I was able to get a set as I said for just under $250. including shipping, then i bought the carry case as well very cheap they are several new listings under $75 including shipping. on company they come on sale for $79. + shipping. Have some fun and shop around for one used a set of mats are relatively cheap if they need to be replaced. Look at the die if the seller doesn't have them showing don't buy that one as there may be flaws you can't see. I love shopping Ebay, I don't go to Craig's list anymore, but that is another venue to look at. Have fun, good luck.

Carylanne
in Texas

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 310

Thanks Carylanne,

I have done all of the suggestions you made and have reached the conclusion that I simply cannot afford an Accuquilt.
So I purchased a Sizzix Die Cutter with converter for a VERY small amount!! It came with one die... So then I went searching for the Original (for fabric) Dies in the most commonly used quilting shapes and found some very good buys. While I wait for my purchases to be delivered, I am finishing the stippiling on my soon to be table topper.

Now, where I found my items and the wonderful prices:  

• AMAZON: Sizzix, lightly used, in box with converter $35
  • EBAY: Three sets of Dies = Total $27.00
  • EBAY:  Large rectangle, Dies for 3-D flowers in vase, and other dies = Total $44.00 (+/-)

TOTAL FOR ALL $106.00

i WILL NOW KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR A "BIG kICK".... used, of course.  :)
Will keep everyone posed on how I like the Sizzix, if they are interested. Thanks again, Carylanne, for sharing all your  knowledge. I am soooo glad I joined the Quilters Club!!  :)
By the way, I found a wonderful site for quilting fabrics. All of it name brands and only $5.00 a yard.

http://quiltfabricsforless.com/index.php?main_page=index
Sunny Sandy

Young at heart   - - -  Other places slightly older 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 310

Thanks Quilt Daddy.... I cannot afford one, but I appreciate you letting me know about the sale. Maybe someone else can take advantage???

SS

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

great Sandy, I am glad you found something to help, as I too have a hard time with cutting, I was very lucky when Quilt daddy had a Fiskar 24" cutting ruler to share. It has saved the day for my 'quilt for kids' kits I make. I do not have the need now for the strip die, I actually thought from the beginning if I had to true up the fabric anyway why did I need that die.. LOL  I love the appliqué die (s) though, the designs are just so sweet, and before I had stayed away from appliqué because of the process.
You really found some great buys!! I hope others can benefit from our finds.
Thanks to Richard, who always has great tips on finds, as well.
oh and thanks for the information on fabrics, I love Connecting Threads fabrics and have purchased from fabrics . com as well. Both sites have great sales and clearance section

Carylanne
in Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 310

The Sizzix die cutter is much too small and I find I am back in themarket for a used ACCUQUILT Die Cutter; so, if anyone has one they want o sell, please, please contact me. Thanks, Sandy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

oh Pooh Sandy, sorry you had spent that money and it didn't work out for you. Place another new wanted ad, so people will not think our continued conversations has resolved the problem. I sure hope you find one quick. What was the problem you found as far as the sixxix was, just that it is small did it cut fabric ok/ or was it difficult to use? others can benefit from your experiences.

Carylanne
in Texas

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 295
Pamela replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:06 PM

Sandy, I just purchased my Accuquilt  die cutter from Sewforless.com. You should check them out, I was bidding on E-bay for one. But I found this website last Thursday, placed the order and I'm waiting for it to arrive this afternoon. There is free shipping and the prices are very reasonable. The dies are cheaper than E-bay in most cases. 

Hope that this helps you out.

Blessings,

Pamela

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115

I would like to know how you like the Accuquilt Die Cutter? Is it really something that has enhanced your quilting? Sallie M

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 295
Pamela replied on Sat, May 12 2012 7:53 AM

Good morning Sandy, 

I love my Accuquilt go, yes it works well for me. I have arthritis and have a terrible time using scissors. This has given me the ability to continue to do my quilting. I would definitely shop Sewforless.com as they seem to have the best prices. on the accuquilt products. I have purchased a few of the basic dies and and a few of the designer ones. As for the cost, yes initially I spent $250.00 but with that I had gotten the go cutter, 2 basic dies, the puppy die plus 3 cutting mats. Since then I have purchased another 140.00 but I have squares,  triangles, a strip dies as well as a few flower dies. Now I have added this to my wish list, so when family member want to know what I want for Mother's day, Birthday and or Christmas I can pick a few dies that I would really love to add to my quilting room. I hope that this is helpful for you. 

Have a fantastic weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!

Pamela

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 800
Tanya replied on Sun, May 13 2012 7:18 AM

Hi there, I have an unused Sizzix rectangle frame die.  If you can use this, all I require is $5 for priority mail shipping.  You may friend me to exchange addresses.  Happy cutting,  Tanya

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 8,550
didash replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 5:03 PM

Sunny Sandy:

By the way, I found a wonderful site for quilting fabrics. All of it name brands and only $5.00 a yard.

http://quiltfabricsforless.com/index.php?main_page=index
Sunny Sandy

This site is apparently no longer in business as the website is "parked".  :(

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 11:15 AM

hey everyone who has Accuquilt- my 5" SQ die cutter turn out to cut 5" on one side and 4 7/8 on other side! Anyone else have this problem? I looked it up online and many report this discrepancy! Hmmm.....   Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:13 PM

I contacted Accuquilt about above problem. They responded immediately! I am very impressed with their service. They asked me to cut a sheet of paper with the die and voila` it cut perfect 5" sqs.! So they sent a link to a video on how to best use the system. One hint is if it is wide weave cotton, press and starch it and also cut using a sheet of paper over the fabric. It worked!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use