Quilt frame for domestic machine

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 11 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,235
Quilter 222 Posted: Sun, Jan 29 2012 10:55 AM

I'm looking to buy a quilt frame to put your own sewing machine on.  There are many different kinds out in the market but I'm not sure which one gives you the best features.  If anyone has one out there for sale OR if you know a bit about Grace frames vs. Easy Quilter frames could you please provide me with some feedback.

Thanks,

Marnie

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:09 AM

Marnie,

I just purchased a Gracie start right frame on overstock.com (free shipping) I love it. The carriage is as smooth as a long arms carriage and I have been practicing and loving every minute of it.

Deb

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Quilter 222:

I'm looking to buy a quilt frame to put your own sewing machine on.  There are many different kinds out in the market but I'm not sure which one gives you the best features.  If anyone has one out there for sale OR if you know a bit about Grace frames vs. Easy Quilter frames could you please provide me with some feedback.

Thanks,

Marnie

Marnie, I have a Handi-Quilter frame and I'm. I think I posted it a while back on items for sale. I'll check to see it it is there.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Quilter 222:

Thanks,

Marnie

Marnie here is the link to the Handi-Quilter's frame

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/quilters_marketplace/forum/t/21370.aspx

Friend me for more information.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 315
Points 7,375
Georgia replied on Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:09 PM

Hey Marnie -- I'm just wondering if you found a frame.  I have a Mini Pinni that will need a new home soon.  It's taking up space that I really need.  If you are interested I can email specifics.  It's a great little frame but I upgraded to a midarm.  I was holding on to it for my granddaughter, but she's gotten used to the midarm so...  Post here and let me know if you found one.  If you want specifics, you can add me as a friend so we can communicate.  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,235

Hi Georgia, No I haven't heard of that product.  Could you send me the details and the specs?
What type of machine did you use it with?

Marnie

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 315
Points 7,375
Georgia replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:16 AM

Marnie -- here is a link that shows the frame and all the specs on it -- http://guaranteevac.com/Mini_Pinni.html.  I also have the gooseneck lamp that is shown in the pics on this site.  As a matter of fact, that is the first think I missed when I switched to a different machine.  I was using my Janome 6500P on and quilted maaaany quilts on it.

I bought the frame in 2009 for just over $900.  I also have the stitch regulator add-on which cost another $500 that needs a new home.  This regulator can be used for a Janome or a Juki sewing machine.  I also have the laser attachment for doing pantographs.  Here is a link to the stitch regulator -- http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Grace-Sure-Stitch-Dual-Function-Regulator/6372871/product.html?cid=144221&fp=F&TRACK=CSEBing&mr:referralID=c7d699bc-51a5-11e1-a1f9-001b2166c2c0

I'm asking $750 for the whole setup and I will pay half of the shipping.  It will be packaged in 2 or 3 packages and weighs in at about 200 lbs.  Shipping cost would depend upon where you are.

I have the manual as a pdf file as well. 

Let me know what you think.

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 425

Do you still have this frame?   Thanks Karen

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 315
Points 7,375
Georgia replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 4:35 PM

I do still have this frame but I haven't heard from Marnie yet.  She had the original post about looking for one.  My DH is shocked that I've decided to let it go.  When I got my midarm, I pushed this one over in the corner.  I couldn't imagine letting it go because my granddaughter used it so much and she was intimidated by the larger machine.  She's 14 but quite an accomplished quilter and I didn't want to take that away from her.  Now she's using my midarm more than I am so I can let this one go.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 425

Thanks Georgia....Just read somewhere that it only is for machines up to 13"....I have a 15" Bailey....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,235

Hi Georgia, I did send you a response but I had decided that I don not want a machine quilting piece this large.

Thanks anyways for your information.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 600
uaniquilt replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:40 AM

Karen,

Are you still looking for a frame?  I have a Grace Pinnacle frame.  It accommodates a machine with up to an 18" throat.  It is 10 feet long, but can also be set up as a 5 foot table if space is limited..  

My Babylock Jewel came with this table.  I upgraded to an Innova table, so I now would like to sell the Pinnacle frame.  It comes with a carriage so any home sewing machine can be put on it. 

Chris

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 380
Points 8,540
didash replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 6:04 AM

Chris - If you still have the frame, can you post details/pics??

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 600
uaniquilt replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 11:33 PM

Hi,

i do still have the frame, but am now trying to sell the Babylock Jewel with the Grace Pinnacle frame, which is the setup I originally bought.  If I don't have any success selling them together, II would consider selling it alone again.

Thanks,

Chris

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Lyn replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 6:45 PM

I have a Grace machine quilting frame available. 

It will accomodate a queen size quilt and comes with the carriage and stylus.  I used it with a Janome 6500. 

Only selling because husband bought me a long-arm last Christmas. 

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use