ISO material to put on rulers to eliminate slippage

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011 5:46 PM

ISO the material you can put on the underside of your rulers to keep them from slipping.  I'm having a rough time with slippage b/c I have to sit to do my cutting.

I'm in dire need of this.  I have to sit for cutting and constantly have to watch how I cut.  I have to push down really hard to keep the rulers from moving.

Can anyone help me?  I know it's out there, I just cannot remember where!

Lee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,295

Hi Lee -- I've tried the little sticky sandpaper dots,  they're ok, but sometimes annoying.  I think what you want is "Omnigrip Invisi-Grip" ... available at Joann's & online.  It's a heavy plastic film that sticks with just "static",  holds really well,  and does make your ruler much less slippy.    It's on sale at Joann's right now,  a 12 1/2 by 36 piece for $5,  it will do more than one ruler.

I'd also suggest one of the "suction gripper handle" for your ruler, if you don't already have one.  They're $20 at Joann's,  I've seen them much cheaper at the hardware store,  marketed as handles for the shower / tub.  Good luck,  

Cheryl

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

I purchased the gripper type sandpaper that skate boards use on their boards.  It is much better than sand paper and a lot cheaper.

Susan Larson

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:51 PM

Thanks you very much for that info.  I'll get some of that instead.  Walmart - here I come! 

Wish they still had their fabric department.

WISH THE PRINT ON THIS SITE WERE BIGGER!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:53 PM

hope it's still on sale tomorrow.  I'm headed there then!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use