When I got the RIB pattern, I first made a sketched the pattern and tried several different colors. I didn't like any of the combinations that I had colored. Then I started actually looking in my stash for fabrics and my eyes kept coming back to the blues and greens in the Jinny Beyer border print. I remembered some left over strips from some Hoffman batiks that I had used in a bag. I desided that I would do a wall hanging, but turns out I like just as well as a table topper.
These are the fabrics I used:
My top before it was quilted:
As a wall hanging:
As a table topper:
All in all, this project was a lot of fun. The only problem was I ran out of the navy batik when I liked just one 2 1/2" square. So I did like the ladies from the 20's and 30's, I just took some of the scraps and pieced them together and then cut my square. I really have a time finding it after the quilting was finished.
Donna's Blog: http://donnaquilts4U2C.blogspot.com