rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 85
Points 1,675
Pat Posted: Fri, Feb 11 2011 7:06 PM

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that the Scrap Squad members have all received their  next pattern from Quiltmaker magazine.   We can't tell you too many details yet, but everyone has started working on it, some of us have the tops made, others have sent it out to be quilted.... It's a very, very nice easy pattern.  I have seen a few pictures of the quilts/pieces in progress and let me tell you, you are in for a treat.   What a nice pattern to use up some of those scraps you have been waiting to use.   Of course you could always make it using new fabric, but  like my local guild president /quilt teacher Kate always says, stop buying and start sewing!   Would you believe this is my second scrap squad quilt and I have not had to buy a single thing to make either one, and that includes backing, binding and batting.   It has all been made using material I already have at home!    Be sure to visit us once in a while, we just might give you a few teasers on the upcoming project.....

Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 1,725
Kim replied on Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:59 AM

Hi Pat,

What to they say...great minds think alike?

I was just thinking about letting the cat out of the bag a  little bit by telling you my colors are yellow and blue in our next pattern .    Mine has been delivered to my machine quilter and the pattern is by one of my favorite blog quilters......you are just gonna love the simplicity of this pattern with all the possibilities it will inspire!

Like Pat said this is another pattern perfect for scraps and I made mine in my favorite colors!  

Here is a picture of  a different scrappy project of left over yellows and blues,

I just made this one up by stringing flying geese together with striped fabrics.  Stayed tuned for the next reveal of the Scrap Squad!  Happy Sewing,

Kim

)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 6:51 AM

Kim, beautiful quilt, I love blue and yellow together, but I hate to make flying geese lol

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 1,725
Kim replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:34 AM

I use to hate flying geese until I started using Marti Michele templates..........perfect geese every time with no dog  ears.......

have  you tried them?  I use them all the time.

I'll have more blue and yellow quilts to show soon.

Happy sewing,

Kim

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 580

Hey Kim

I love that quilt!  I don't often work with blue and yellow, but it sure does look warm and inviting. 

Cheers, Dionne

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

I'm a new member. Can I play, too?  There is a question, elsewhere on the site that asks what one would do if fabric prices go up.  My answer would be to make more scrap quilts!!  I love the feeling of making something out of "nothing".  I have begun designing and have used my teeny tiny scraps, which I sort into color bags every time my scrap basket gets full, to make "my own fabric" layer cakes; 10 inch squares that are a ton of teeny tiny similarly colored pieces.  They are kind of crazy but don't start with a keystone and I think I've heard the process called confetti cloth, somewhere.  Has anyone else tried it.  Stack 'em, use 'em like layer cakes, or cut in quarters, like charms.  Very satisfying.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 580

Wow Nancy, I've never heard of confetti cloth before.  It sounds pretty interesting.  I would love to see some pictures if you have any.

I'm starting a quilt-a-long in March for scrap 4 1/2" and 2 1/2" squares.  It's a fun easy project between Scrap Squad assignments.  I usually keep scraps in regular sizes, then organize them in plastic shoe boxes.

Cheers, Dionne

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use