Getting to know YOU, friends and readers!

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,085
Diane Harris Posted: Wed, Jan 26 2011 12:00 PM

We'd like to know more about you! How did you hear about QM's Scrap Squad? Where are you from? What would you like to see here? Please tell us about yourself. Welcome—we hope you'll come back often.

If you're new to QCA, you may find these links helpful:

Getting Started on QCA

Explore and Participate in the Show & Tell Gallery

QM Scrap Squad

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 2,275
I am so excited to find this group... most of my quilts are scrap quilts! So are you saying that I need to subscribe to Quiltmakers magazine to keep up? How do you choose which quilt to make? I am a self taught quilter since 2002. Started quilting by hand. I have actually made the committment to take a class(mostly to find out all the uses my machine has!) I have 3 children, and 2 beautiful grandsons. One will be 2, and one 3 months old. My daughter is getting married in 12 days, so I will not be on here much until after... I have enjoyed sooooooooo much reading about everyone here, and loving the georgous quilts all of you have made. Oh yea, I'm in sunny Florida where it was 75 degrees today! We took the boat out for a little ride, and I was actually cold when heading North on the intercoastal. Living in Florida has made me a wuss.

quiltNUT2

Maureen (in Florida)

when life gives you scraps...make a quilt!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 580

Hi Maureen,

I hope your daughter's wedding went well.  I'm a bit jealous of your lovely weather!  Quiltmaker magazine is a fabulous way to get the latest patterns.  We at the scrap squad, of course, make all kinds of quilts from a wide variety of patterns.  But we will be highlighting a specific Quiltmaker pattern from every magazine.  I find the magazine a great resource with both easy and challenging quilts.

Our latest project looks impressive, but is incredibly easy to make.  Stay tuned to see more!

Cheers, Dionne

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 400

Hi everyone, I definitely subscribe to the Quiltmaker Magazine. It is my favorite. I do a lot of scrapy pieces but usually of my own design. I am from Arizona in a town with a small quilt shop. I used to live in TN where there were several quilt shops close by. Now i have to travel 3 hours to a large shop. OH well, it is lots of fun!!! I am looking forward to see what others are doing and the color schemes being used. My wish list contains a longarm machine. I am placing hints all over the house for the holiday season!!!

Tammy G.

Tammy G.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, May 6 2013 12:50 PM

Hi,

I would love to join this group but I can't seem to find any current discussions

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 603
Points 11,660
Judi replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:30 PM

HI

i found y'all while looking at the different groups on the QCA site!  As I have enough scraps to open a scrap store, I knew that this was perfect for me! M

i am Judi Reiss and I live in beautiful Bucks County, PA. We are located about 35-40 minutes NE of Philly on I-95 right at the Delaware River.  I love saving scraps and am thrilled to know that I am not alone. I used to save anything that was 2 1/2 inches square, but since I discovered that I live making miniature quilts, I save almost everything. 

PI am hoping to get ideas and patterns to bust my scrap stash. Something must be done as I am running out of space. I also old like ideas on how you organize your scraps. Color or size or both?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

I live in Iowa and find scrap quilting is the best.    I have been searching for a Quiltmaker magazine quilt pattern  from july/aug 2009 magazine  called " Thirty something scrappy  quilt" for about five months now and have not been able to find it.   I saw it in a quilting show and would love to make it. .  A person from my church said to go on line to the QM scrap squad and maybe someone had a copy they could email me.   So I joined and this is a great site.   So many different things to see and learn.  Still looking for this pattern and I hope someone had it.   Great to be a member

Sunshineflowers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 5:59 PM

Hi Sunshineflowers,

I don't have the pattern but you can buy a digital version of it for $4.99.

http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/category/quiltmaker-2009-issues/?m=leftnavsub_quiltmaker-2009-issues

FabricFreak2

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 15
sherimccoy replied on Sat, May 24 2014 12:31 PM

Hi

My name is Sheri. I'm really happy to be here. I have quilted briefly in the '80s. Stopped due to a few difficult life events and recently got started again. I became rejuvenated because of modern quilt designs and fabric. I'm obsessed with Derse and Dubrawsky designs. I work as an ER nurse and have two grown sons.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use